Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
(August 9, 2017 at 5:45 pm)Brian37 Wrote: No idiot, when it comes to pursuit of scientific fact YES any claim a scientist might make CAN BE independently tested and falsified. 
Wasn't it you that said evolution (meaning common descent) is a scientific fact? Please tell me how evolution (common descent), something that began in the distant past, can be tested and falsified/confirmed. Evolution (things change) can but not the other. At best, for things that happened in the past, not repeatable in the here and now, one can interpret things in terms or probabilities. That is quite different from what you are talking about.

I wonder...would you agree with the following statement:

There is no absolute truth.

(August 9, 2017 at 6:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(August 9, 2017 at 5:04 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote: Why don't you man up now and put forward what your presuppositions are? Or are you afraid as it might make you feel uncomfortable for someone else to evaluate your line of thinking? So instead...you put forth nonsense like "Superman is real, OK, go". How does one provide an explanation of where the laws of logic come from with Superman as your presupposition? Etc, Etc.  There you go. Now...why don't you look real deep into yourself and explain what yours really are?

You seem too content just to sit immersed with those who agree with you instead of trying to actually understand another point of view. You can say my presuppositions are a non-starter for you and never go through the mental exercise to determine if it is a logically consistent position to see where I am coming from. That is your prerogative. As for me, I like to see how others think as it helps me hone my own position.

My presupposition is that your belief is fantasy and that there is no god.

Superman can provide as much logic as your god, probably more and better. 

Demonstrate your logically consistent position. I'm sure that for any god position you put forward I can make the same or very similar position for Superman. 

How do you hone your position? Change the fantasy so that it side steps any challenge?
You know the last time I was here, there were some atheists that were actually willing to discuss their positions. I guess that time is gone. Sad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth - by rjh4 is back - August 9, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 572 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25246 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 812 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 588 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4395 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1501 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3167 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Puzzling thing about Speed of Light/Speed of Causality vulcanlogician 25 2655 August 24, 2018 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7427 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  How Cn Gravity Affect Light When Light Has No Mass? Rhondazvous 18 1884 March 2, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: polymath257