Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer
RE: 10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer
Godscreated Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:

It's very frustrating to present an argument to someone who can't comprehend it. You got it exactly backwards. The theists are the ones trying to establish that a claim about the existence of something is true, they're the  prosecution (trying to establish that something happened and who did it); the defense is pointing out that they've failed to adequately establish their case, they're the atheists. No one would even know they're an atheist if they hadn't heard that someone was claiming some sort of deity exists. The burden of proof doesn't shift so fluidly, it's not just a matter of who said it first, it's what they're really claiming. The person who said it could have corrected me, and said no, no, Mister Agenda, I meant there's absolutely no chance God is real and wasn't just speaking shorthand for 'the existence of God has not been established sufficiently to justify rational belief in it, in my humble opinion'. I was able to pick up on what was actually meant, and you were not, yet you think I'm less discerning on the matter than you are. What was it I said about people who are full of themselves?

Atheist are always telling Christians they have to defend their claims. I know what you were trying to say but you were the one turning the argument around to fit your belief.
God hasn't ever tried to justify His existence not even in His word and I only witness to what I believe.

GC

You only have to defend your claims if you want other people to believe them.

Godscreated Wrote:I'm not trying to get you to run errands on Google, what my answer did was to establish you made an assumption and didn't proclaim a truth. I wasn't interested in a 'gotcha' either, that's what some of the childish atheist here do, not referring to you. Like I said the Hindus have thousands of gods and this makes it less likely all are truthful, just as we see in the Greek gods. My case is strong, I have one God who gave us one book to reveal himself through and I can find no fault in any of it. This is my own personal belief that God has proven to me through a personal relationship.

GC 

If they have thousands of gods, that makes it MORE likely that ONE is truthful. That's how odds work, the more chances you have to get a particular result, the more likely the result will occur, if it's possible. Rama is the god of truth, so Hindus who believe in Rama have it from the god of truth that they are right. I think that's a silly argument, but it's one that you seem to take very seriously. That and the argument from 'I am unable to effectively critique this document, so it must be true'. At least you're coming up with your own arguments, I kind of respect that.

Godscreated Wrote:No atheist here is aware that I believe in God, they keep telling me I can't because He doesn't exist, yet no one has ever proven He doesn't. You see for me belief is trusting in something real, not something imagined. My personal experiences with God are just that, a relationship through experiencing God, they are to be valid for me within that relationship. My statements about experiencing God to know He is real is something the Bible teaches and I was relating that to the readers of my post.

Mister A Wrote:I dare you to say something more inane. You would have to be a complete moron to believe that atheists here don't believe that you believe in God. Belief: holding something to be true. It's better not to comment at all if you can't think of a better comeback than that. Are you compelled to disagree with absolutely everything I say, even when it's pointless?

I knew what you were referring to, but when you keep hearing from the atheist here that you can't believe in God because He doesn't exist you know they must mean what they say, am I to call them a liar about what they believe about me. So, you see it wasn't a come back but a statement from what I've been told many, many times. I can ask you the same thing because you disagree with everything I say.

If you can produce a quote of someone here telling you that you can't believe in God, I will heartily and humbly apologize. And I agree with you that Christians, Hindus, humanists, etc. have and should have the right to teach their children what they want. If they choose to send their children to public schools, they will have to put up with learning what's taught in public schools. You're not required to send your kids to public schools.

Godscreated Wrote:
Mister A Wrote:To borrow your argument style for a moment, now that you've claimed that children are being taught that the universe came from a golf-ball sized piece of material, you have to prove it. That might be difficult, since there's no evidence at all known to science that the universe came from a golf-ball sized ball of material (though I suppose it may have been the size of a golf-ball for a fraction of a nano-second at some point in its existence,

It's not my claim, this is what I've read about and seen on many science programs on PBS and other programming. Some of the shows have been hosted by your most revered scientist.

GC 

Who is my 'most revered scientist'? Why do I revere her or him so much?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer - by Mister Agenda - July 20, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 33192 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 32748 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13651 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8406 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5147 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why religious cannot agree. Mystic 46 7929 July 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  When does biblical history begin ? possibletarian 59 22510 November 24, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Why as an Atheist I Cannot Sin Rhondazvous 35 8009 September 17, 2017 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12247 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
  The Biblical Account of the Creation - A new look RonaldMcRaygun 10 2985 March 31, 2017 at 5:47 pm