Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer
RE: 10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer
(July 20, 2017 at 1:40 am)Inkfeather132 Wrote:
(July 20, 2017 at 1:39 am)Godscreated Wrote:  Until you can demonstrate where the material came from then big band is just a fairy tale. At least I have an answer, right.

GC

You have an answer, yes. But not necessarily the right one. If on a test I put 2+2=7, I have an answer but it is completely incorrect. After all, the Big Bang counts as an answer too.

Okay I'll accept it's an answer in the manner you present, that means the big bang is the wrong answer, simply because it does nothing to explain where the material came from.

GC

(July 20, 2017 at 10:33 am)Inkfeather132 Wrote:
(July 20, 2017 at 3:45 am)Godscreated Wrote: Atheist are always telling Christians they have to defend their claims. I know what you were trying to say but you were the one turning the argument around to fit your belief.
God hasn't ever tried to justify His existence not even in His word and I only witness to what I believe.

GC

You have made the positive claim that you know god exists several times now. And yet you still have never backed that claim up with actual evidence. When we tell you we cannot accept your claim without evidence, you immediately demand that we provide evidence for our position. It's very hypocritical of you to demand we provide evidence when you can't. It's obvious that you don't have it and are just avoiding the question.

I'm not avoiding the answer, I told you I can not give you the evidence you want to your satisfaction, I've admitted this. So I'm not being hypocritical but this post does make you the hypocrite. When someone says God doesn't exist i expect the same thing from them they expect from me evidence, this is fair, right. I'm over this back and forth lets's just move on to something that would produce something, this is my last reply on this subject in this thread.

GC

(July 20, 2017 at 11:36 am)Harry Nevis Wrote:
(July 20, 2017 at 1:01 am)Godscreated Wrote:  What it comes down to you have no answer to where the material came from to start the big bang. The ball is in your court to supply the answer because it's your claim. Just ask Mister Agenda. Religion has nothing to do with the big bang and as far as being spoon fed that would be you by science that can't even explain the very beginning of the big bang.

GC
I have no answer. So fucking what? Where did I claim otherwise?

You believe in the big bang so yes the big bang is claimed by you.

GC

(July 20, 2017 at 1:39 am)Godscreated Wrote:  Until you can demonstrate where the material came from then big band is just a fairy tale. At least I have an answer, right.

GC

Harry N Wrote:No, you don't have an answer.  It's barely a response. You're just repeating what other ignorant people have said because it makes you feel good.  And if anyone should know about fairy tales, it's you.

Sure I have an answer just because you do not like or accept it doesn't change the fact it's an answer. The big bang still has no acceptable answer for where the material came from, so it's in reality a non-starter ie. fairy tale.

GC

(July 21, 2017 at 6:54 am)Cyberman Wrote:
(July 20, 2017 at 3:45 am)Godscreated Wrote: God hasn't ever tried to justify His existence not even in His word and I only witness to what I believe.

In other words you only see things that fit with your preconceptions.

"I'll see it when I believe it."

I have no preconceptions, I look for the answers whatever they may be.

GC

(July 21, 2017 at 6:47 am)Cyberman Wrote:
(July 20, 2017 at 1:01 am)Godscreated Wrote: Religion has nothing to do with the big bang and as far as being spoon fed that would be you by science that can't even explain the very beginning of the big bang.

Explain the very beginning of your god.

He is omnipresent, He has no beginning. you do understand what omnipresent means, right.

GC

(July 20, 2017 at 1:14 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
Godscreated Wrote:I'm not trying to get you to run errands on Google, what my answer did was to establish you made an assumption and didn't proclaim a truth. I wasn't interested in a 'gotcha' either, that's what some of the childish atheist here do, not referring to you. Like I said the Hindus have thousands of gods and this makes it less likely all are truthful, just as we see in the Greek gods. My case is strong, I have one God who gave us one book to reveal himself through and I can find no fault in any of it. This is my own personal belief that God has proven to me through a personal relationship.

GC 

If they have thousands of gods, that makes it MORE likely that ONE is truthful. That's how odds work, the more chances you have to get a particular result, the more likely the result will occur, if it's possible. Rama is the god of truth, so Hindus who believe in Rama have it from the god of truth that they are right. I think that's a silly argument, but it's one that you seem to take very seriously. That and the argument from 'I am unable to effectively critique this document, so it must be true'. At least you're coming up with your own arguments, I kind of respect that.

If they were real you might be right but I'm not going to argue that I've already stated why I know those gods are false. Rama might be called the god of truth but does that mean he hasn't lied. I'm asking because I do not know and know next to nothing about the Hindu text, I do not know whether they believe they have text from Rama. I have a book that takes a life time just to begin and understand all the omniscient God put in it.

Godscreated Wrote:No atheist here is aware that I believe in God, they keep telling me I can't because He doesn't exist, yet no one has ever proven He doesn't. You see for me belief is trusting in something real, not something imagined. My personal experiences with God are just that, a relationship through experiencing God, they are to be valid for me within that relationship. My statements about experiencing God to know He is real is something the Bible teaches and I was relating that to the readers of my post.

I knew what you were referring to, but when you keep hearing from the atheist here that you can't believe in God because He doesn't exist you know they must mean what they say, am I to call them a liar about what they believe about me. So, you see it wasn't a come back but a statement from what I've been told many, many times. I can ask you the same thing because you disagree with everything I say.

Mister A Wrote:If you can produce a quote of someone here telling you that you can't believe in God, I will heartily and humbly apologize. And I agree with you that Christians, Hindus, humanists, etc. have and should have the right to teach their children what they want. If they choose to send their children to public schools, they will have to put up with learning what's taught in public schools. You're not required to send your kids to public schools.

I can't remember who specifically has said that, it was stated recently. I'm not going back through all my post to find out either, you can believe me or not, it's up to you.
I taught my youth to always study what the school wanted and to make the best grades they could, I also told them you know what you believe stick to it. There are many poor people who have no choice but to send their children to public schools.

Godscreated Wrote:It's not my claim, this is what I've read about and seen on many science programs on PBS and other programming. Some of the shows have been hosted by your most revered scientist.

GC 

Mister A Wrote:Who is my 'most revered scientist'? Why do I revere her or him so much?

I am drawing a blank right now, not unusual at 2 o'clock in the morning. The black guy that's done several things for PBS. I guess because I've seen in the news he has reached super star status in the science world. You know making stars out of scientist is a slippery slope.

GC

Okay everyone I'm having a hard time fielding all these post, I just don't have the time so I'm probably not going to respond to anymore in this thread unless I believe them to be reasonable. So if I don't respond to yours don't get upset, your response might be reasonable, but just not one that I will answer it.

Please give me a break.  And goodnight and all have a great weekend.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer - by Godscreated - July 22, 2017 at 1:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 33203 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 32749 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13654 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8409 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5148 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why religious cannot agree. Mystic 46 7929 July 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  When does biblical history begin ? possibletarian 59 22510 November 24, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Why as an Atheist I Cannot Sin Rhondazvous 35 8009 September 17, 2017 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12247 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
  The Biblical Account of the Creation - A new look RonaldMcRaygun 10 2985 March 31, 2017 at 5:47 pm