Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god?
RE: Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god?
(July 16, 2017 at 9:43 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(July 15, 2017 at 10:16 am)Inkfeather132 Wrote: Wow, I don't think I've ever had to do so much work to decipher what someone was saying. And I follow an Icelandic guy on Facebook :/ I would suggest looking up some resources on proper English grammar, since your's looks less lazy and more like you just don't quite understand it. It will make it easier to understand your points, and there will be fewer misunderstandings in our arguments Smile

I am so sorry for my terrible English.  Worship
The next time I get born I will born in an English speaking country so i will not give any more headache to anyone.
This is a promise Ink.  Indubitably

Quote:But, to your points, we don't think that what is in the religious books is what god means. We don't believe in god, so why would we? What we are doing is similar to the Devil's Advocated exercise. Let's talk specifically about Christians. They come on here believing that the Bible is true. So we play along, pointing out the contradictions, logical fallacies, etc. In essence saying "if your god actually does exist, he's pretty bad at this." We are not saying the holy books represent a god if one exists, we are saying that the holy books represents the idea of god that a religion has. And so we use them to argue against the religion and it's specific god.

I only wish that atheists stop relating God to religions or the other way around and start to understand that God did not start religions nor that He may agree with what religions say.
This forum is full full of example in which atheists think that religions represent God.

Quote:As for death, no one knows what happens when you die. It might be that an eternal hell is all that exists and there is no god to save us from it. Or we might just lose consciousness, like slipping into a coma. Maybe when our atoms are rearranged into a new living creature our consciousness will return and we'll live again. Some of these are silly I know, but the point is we have no way of studying what happens after we die.

That is not true Ink.
NDEs are real experiences about the other dimension with God.
An old saying............NOBODY CAME BACK FROM DEATH TO TELL US THERE IS AN AFTERLIFE.....

WRONG.
NDEs can tell us this.
Even Jesus came back to life and this was witnessed by thousand.

Notice I mentioned following an Icelandic guy on Facebook? He's got great English, you don't have to be born in an English speaking country you just have to put some work into learning the language. Not being great at English doesn't make you inferior and I wasn't implying that. What I meant was that in order to have a proper conversation with less misunderstandings you need a better grasp of the language you are arguing in. It might be better for you to find an atheist forum in your native language and start a conversation there. I know a little Japanese, but I would never go onto a Japanese Christian forum to argue when I'm not fluent in the language.

Again, if you want to argue about a god separate from religion then let's do so. But most concepts/ideas of god come from religions and religious people, and so that's what we argue about. I'm fine discussing the possibility of a god who is not defined by any known religions. But then what defines it? What defines god for you?

Near Death Experiences are called near for a reason. The person was not dead, just very close to death. Close enough that they are considered clinically dead. As was mentioned before, no one has come back to life after being dead for days, or having their heads cut off. Jesus doesn't count because the only account of people witnessing his death is the Bible, which invented the character of Jesus in the first place. As has also been explained to you, no one can verify that they actually experienced anything. We can verify their clinical death, but not what went on in their heads. For instance, I can tell you that last night I dreamed of unicorns in a land of candy. And you must believe me because I have witnesses who verify I went to sleep last night and woke up this morning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? - by Inkfeather132 - July 16, 2017 at 10:50 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 9061 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 33280 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2729 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1585 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 25046 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5252 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2369 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17308 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3557 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13826 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger