Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 7:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god?
RE: Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god?
(July 19, 2017 at 11:14 am)Inkfeather132 Wrote:
(July 19, 2017 at 10:18 am)Little Rik Wrote: You just remind me about a butcher that was saying the same thing while cutting the meat.
A lot of people just don't get it.
To establish a relationship with God you need first to clean body and mind so to build a parallelism with God
way of thinking.
You can also be a butcher, a carnivorous, a drinker, a drug user, a gambler, a sinner, a criminal, a materialist, an atheist but it will be a lot lot harder because you put obstacles between you and Him.
Once however you remove all or many obstacles everything become so so easy.
Try to believe.

Your existence is the physical evidence.
The universe is the physical evidence but to understand all this you need to expand your consciousness.
That is what yoga is all about.
It is to understand who you are.
Om........I AM HIM.

I know all this sound crazy to you but this is how it works.
There is a sound in the whole universe but not everybody is able to hear that unless their consciousness is developed enough.
You however can hear a bit if you try.
Close your eyes and concentrate within.

Yes they can Ink.

http://www.near-death.com/science/eviden...e-obe.html

Records are kept however.

Nobody alive today witness Caesar cross the Rubicon or the Mongols invade other lands or the Viking go around half world killing and raping.
Does that means that it never happen?
Oh, yes that happen but in Jesus case it never happen.
Is that so Ink?  Rolleyes

There is no need to check the hospital Ink.
All you have to do is to see the parallelism between your story and thousand of other NDEs stories.
Let us see some similarity.
1) 99% of people who had an NDE hate to come back into their bodies considering the beauty of the outside dimension and the hard reality of this earthly dimension.
2) Most of these people turn to spirituality regardless their previous beliefs.
3) Most of these people turn to vegetarianism unless they were already.
4) Most of these people turn their previous materialism into a simple life dedicated to help others and if they already did that they will improve even more their dedication.
No more interested into earthly pleasures.
5) All of them realize that a supreme being is in charge 24/7.
6) All of them realize that spiritual love is what count most of all.
7) All of them wish to go back in that dimension ASAP.

Sure, doctors make mistakes but eh, isn't strange that they do mistakes regularly in case of an NDE?
I guess you never thought about that Ink, did you?  Smile

Once you got 99% of people that experience God as the most loving being and they see that there is no hell
anywhere because mistakes get clean through reincarnation why should they believe that there is hell?

Not to worry Ink.
You put up with my bad English and I put up with your atrocious quoting.  Smile

[Image: img_2484.jpg?w=273&h=229]

Look. You can quote your websites all you want, but none of them are scientific publications. Find me some scientific publications on NDEs and then we can talk. Until then, you are just throwing out assertion after assertion with no evidence to back them up. My existence doesn't tell me why I exist or what made me exist, it is only evidence that I do exist. Show me where you are getting your information about god from, because it looks like you are just pulling it out of your ass and expecting me to take your word for it. I'm not going to do that.

As for Caesar, you are still completely missing the point. No one "had to be there". We have writings from several people who were actually with him, and writings from the time of the actual event. The writings about Jesus are all written decades after he lived and died. Not even the gospels are written during the time he was alive. That's suspicious.

I suspect you wouldn't find a peer-reviewed journal or article on anything supernatural, or NDEs, without the word 'shit' with some kind of prefix like 'bull', 'horse', 'dog', etc., somewhere in them.

Personally I could give two shits if Caesar existed. What we learn from the story of his reign is sufficient. Anything else is just Shakespeare drama (and I don't give two shits if he existed either. We have the literature and that's all people who are into that kind of thing need.) Same with Socrates; what philosophy we learn from him and his students and their students are what matters. The existence of the person doesn't add anything significant. That's the difference between practicality and religion; in religion, the identity of the speaker and their existence is the only thing that makes what they say mean anything.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? - by Astonished - July 19, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 9061 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 33280 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2731 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1586 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 25047 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5252 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2369 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17312 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3557 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13829 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger