Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 1:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god?
RE: Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god?
(July 20, 2017 at 10:39 am)Inkfeather132 Wrote:
(July 20, 2017 at 8:10 am)Little Rik Wrote: Peer review journal?
No, you will not find much about NDEs experiences in these journals.
Why?
Because these journals deal with the physical-mental world and considering that NDEs deal with the consciousness and the outside dimension is then obvious that you will not see any peer review about NDEs.

Take Sam Parnia which studied NDEs more than everybody else for several years and guess what was his conclusion?
He said that further studies are needed because he could not yet understand in positive or negative about them so all your crap of bull, horse and dogs are nowhere to be seen in any respectable study.  Lightbulb

1) First of all Jesus never intended start a religion.
In fact he was against religions and he showed that all the time that is why the priests asked Pontius Pilate to put him on the cross.
So it would be good if you guys stop associated Jesus with religions.

2) As you say.........what philosophy we learn from him and his students and their students are what matters......
Correct Ast, whether the person in question is Socrates or Jesus people learn something and that is what matters.
A myriad of people learn from Jesus teachings even if the caste of priests screwed up his teachings by turning them into religious dogmas.
Not all people however fall into the religious trap.
Many people understand his messages free from religious dogmas.

You got a big problem Ast.  Banghead
You come to quick conclusions well before you really understand anything.

There are peer reviewed journals about psychology, which deals with consciousness.

WRONG.

What psychology is all about?
Psychology is the scientific study of the mind and behavior. Psychology is a multifaceted discipline and includes many sub-fields of study such areas as human development, sports, health, clinical, social behavior and cognitive processes.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=psych...e&ie=UTF-8

I wish you knew what is the difference between mind and consciousness.  Lightbulb
The mind can only grasp what is external while the consciousness is an internal process.  Lightbulb

Quote:If NDEs are capable of being verified, as you claim, then there would be at least one peer reviewed study on it.

You should ask Mr. Sam Parnia about that.
The guy studied for several years the NDEs (in fact is the one who studied more than everybody else the NDEs) and at the end he surrendered to the fact that he could not getting anywhere.
The reason is very very simple.
There is a border to cross and by trying to cross that by using the mind is an impossibility.
Is like to call a plumber when you want to fix your computer or call an electrician when you want to fix your sink pipes.
It just doesn't work Ink that is why when you want to understand the consciousness you switch off the mind and engage in yoga meditation.

Quote:You can learn things from fictional characters all the time. That's not what's at issue here. Your claim was that Jesus was actually real, not whether or not we could learn anything from him. I can't really understand what you've got against religions. You are just like they are. Make a lot of claims, but have only "I feel it in my heart!" to back them up with. You've just made a religion of one and you cling to it just as irrationally as any other religious person would.

You too feel in your heart that you are right and other people are wrong.
What this has got to do with religions?

At least I do work to expand my consciousness.
You on the other end do nothing in that regard thinking that the mind is the tool to use to understand what we do not yet know in that field.  Smile

(July 20, 2017 at 9:46 pm)Astonished Wrote:
(July 20, 2017 at 10:39 am)Inkfeather132 Wrote: There are peer reviewed journals about psychology, which deals with consciousness. If NDEs are capable of being verified, as you claim, then there would be at least one peer reviewed study on it.

You can learn things from fictional characters all the time. That's not what's at issue here. Your claim was that Jesus was actually real, not whether or not we could learn anything from him. I can't really understand what you've got against religions. You are just like they are. Make a lot of claims, but have only "I feel it in my heart!" to back them up with. You've just made a religion of one and you cling to it just as irrationally as any other religious person would.

You're wasting your breath. Lickle Shit doesn't understand it, whether by choice or by genuine mental incapability.

Gee, how lucky I am to find an expert like you.  Worship

Please Ast try to help LR to understand these difficult issues.

1) What is the meaning of philosophy?
2) What is the difference between religions and spirituality?
3) What determine the wealth of a country?

Thanks brother Ast.
Please help LR to understand.  Worship

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? - by Little Rik - July 21, 2017 at 4:33 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 9061 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 33280 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2729 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1585 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 25045 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5252 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2369 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17306 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3557 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13825 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger