Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 4:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window.
RE: One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window.
(November 8, 2017 at 5:01 am)pool the matey Wrote:
AtlasS33 Wrote:It's even more hilarious when I see others saying things, and when criticized they begin to bash through privatizing their views which -ironically- they just made public for opinions !

That's not what I said, feel free to criticize MY views but that's not many people are doing, obviously there are different types of people within the christian belief, many people just look at the worst examples, like the vocal minority that are not representative of the moderate more general people of my belief and assigns their extreme beliefs as my own and asks me to defend them(???). It's happened to CL as well. If it was anybody else in my position they will respond with a "fuck you" to a strawman like that and if I did the exact same thing to someone else, as in look at the worst type of people of their "group" and equivocate them, then it would be trolling but it's fine if they do it to Christians(like myself), whatever, not cool though.

That is victimizing.
It's not me who wrote this:

Quote:pool the matey Wrote:
Always fun when others tell me what I believe in 🙄

In other words you're saying: "shut up with your criticism to me; my faith my thoughts my property".
If you don't want to be criticized, what the hell are you doing in a discussion forum?

(November 8, 2017 at 5:26 am)Aroura Wrote: Regardless of who has it easier, the point is that some people have easier than others.

And how come infants and small children get into heaven free without a test? So some people just get handed the reward, then. Others have to work their whole lives bed for it and have a chance at not getting it. How is that fair?
Since you believe this life is but a short test, and heaven is eternal, why aren’t you and others like you sending all the children to heaven before they can grow up and possibly fail the test? Sure, you would be damning your own soul, but saving many more!

Is it because you secretly fear your whole line of reasoning might be wrong? Otherwise, why are you gambling with countless immortal souls?

I gave my belief about kid suffering:

Quote:I doubt that infants are tested. They don't have proper full minds in my perspective. Their deaths are a reminder for the living to be thankful for the life they have.
I believe God is that controlling.

I said it in a previous topic too about handicapped people; that their disability serves a purpose, and not just a waste of life, caused by a natural "error".

God can cause the death of kids. Humans don't have that right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window. - by WinterHold - November 8, 2017 at 5:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are cats evil beasts that should be killed to save mice? FlatAssembler 34 2568 November 28, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Fireball
  does evil exist? Quill01 51 3685 November 15, 2022 at 5:30 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The argument against "evil", theists please come to the defense. Mystic 158 68888 December 29, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Reasoning showing homosexuality is evil. Mystic 315 46927 October 23, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Reasoning showing that heterosexuality is evil I_am_not_mafia 21 4671 October 23, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Wink Emoticons are Intrinsically Good and Evil Fireball 4 1106 October 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Is knowledge the root of all evil? Won2blv 22 5938 February 18, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Origin of evil Harris 186 23387 September 12, 2016 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Harris
  What if you lived in a world...full of evil plotting Legos Losty 45 5194 June 10, 2016 at 1:58 am
Last Post: c172
  The Pursuit of Good and Evil carusmm 0 853 May 30, 2016 at 6:30 am
Last Post: carusmm