Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd)
RE: Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd)
Statler Wrote:You again?

Me again. Hello Statler.

Statler Wrote:Posting two logical fallacies that I did not commit does nothing to support your position.

Oh, but clearly you did commit them.

Quote:The experts on your side of the aisle (including Darwin and Dawkins) agree that life on Earth either came about by naturalistic means or by supernatural creation.

Clearly you are mistaken. Both Darwin and Dawkins have had no problem whatsoever making it very clear that evolution is a fact and that the theory of evolution explains the fact of evolution.

Statler Wrote:Evolution is considered the best and only option for naturalistic means, so evidence against it is evidence for supernatural creation.

Except:

1) There is no evidence refuting evolution, and
2) Even if there were, by itself, such evidence would not be evidence that your "God did it". For all you know it could be evidence of a magical woodpecker.

Statler Wrote:You should take your beef up with Dawkins and tell him to stop saying it’s a two model system. You will also see even Evolutionists try to use the Disjunctive Syllogism in peer reviewed journals.

Darwin has been dead for over 130 years, dude. I take it up with you because you are still trying to push a 19th century religious philosophy in the 21st century.

Statler Wrote:“Evolution is a theory universally accepted not because it can be proven by logically coherent evidence to be true, but because the only alternative, special creation, is clearly incredible.”
- Professor D.M.S. Watson in his article “Adaptation” in Nature Volume 124
This is a valid argument, though the way he uses it is not a sound argument because he fails to give any reasons as to why Special Creation is not possible.

Hey thanks for agreeing our point that evolution is a universally accepted theory. Oh, and it is a universally accepted theory because 150 years of experiments and observations support its validity. Likely he doesn't give any reasons why special creation is not possible because that's not his theory and it isn't for him to defend. It's for creationists to defend. So when are you going to actually start defending it?

Statler Wrote:Seems to me like maybe you either don’t have a firm grasp on the rules of logic, or you really need to take up issue with today’s Evolutionists because they completely agree with me from a logical perspective.

Seems to me that you should try getting an education before you try to lecture anyone on the rules of logic or the merits of scientific thought.

Statler Wrote:Sometimes I don’t even think you read my posts. You will notice that I said “Historical Sciences”, and then you run off and use an analogy that uses a principle used in Physics and Mathematics. Physics of course is not a historical science but rather an empirical science. C’mon man.

Geology is a historical science. And Steno's law is the only natural law that has been entirely devised and documented from geologic research. See, Statler, if you had taken rocks for jocks in your youth, you'd know this.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Messages In This Thread
RE: Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd) - by orogenicman - December 14, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1579 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Creationism Foxaèr 203 11568 August 23, 2020 at 2:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  A theory about Creationism leaders Lucanus 24 7192 October 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Prediction of an Alien Invasion of Earth hopey 21 4830 July 1, 2017 at 3:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Science Vs. The Forces of Creationism ScienceAf 15 2964 August 30, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5161 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Earth Glare_ 174 21412 March 25, 2015 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Defending Young-Earth Creationism Scientifically JonDarbyXIII 42 10671 January 14, 2015 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  creationism belief makes you a sicko.. profanity alert for you sensitive girly men heathendegenerate 4 2041 May 7, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: heathendegenerate
  Religion 'Cause Of Evil Not Force For Good' More Young People Believe downbeatplumb 3 2379 June 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37