Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd)
RE: Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd)
Hi rjh4.

Oh it was quite a deliberate Strawman, but only to draw a contrast with the previous paragraph, to prevent a slippery descent of the argument. As for YEC and ID. What are they claiming then with respect to fully formed animals that do not change through time? I do not recognise the "evolution (change)" meme you keep using, please elaborate.

I am not convinced that YEC is compatible with evolution I think an expert in evo-devo would claim that the given the mutation rates required would kill the animal outright. But if you know different..I am all ears?

I do not agree that supernatural agency is necessarily undetectable to science. If there is an intervention in our material world it is detectable. The mulitple witnessing of the bodily resurrection of a dead person, would be one such event. If there was no natural explanation we would need to invoke supernaturalism. The trouble is all such events and claims is that they are a) never subject to adequate scrutiny b) are subject to adequate scrutiny and are found to be nothing extraordinary at all let alone supernatural. There are many other tests we can do: the efficacy of prayer, the breaking of the physical laws (eg Gravity), miracle healing...ALL fail if and when put to the test.
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd) - by Captain Scarlet - December 17, 2010 at 11:52 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1579 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Creationism Foxaèr 203 11567 August 23, 2020 at 2:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  A theory about Creationism leaders Lucanus 24 7192 October 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Prediction of an Alien Invasion of Earth hopey 21 4829 July 1, 2017 at 3:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Science Vs. The Forces of Creationism ScienceAf 15 2961 August 30, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5161 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Earth Glare_ 174 21407 March 25, 2015 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Defending Young-Earth Creationism Scientifically JonDarbyXIII 42 10671 January 14, 2015 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  creationism belief makes you a sicko.. profanity alert for you sensitive girly men heathendegenerate 4 2041 May 7, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: heathendegenerate
  Religion 'Cause Of Evil Not Force For Good' More Young People Believe downbeatplumb 3 2377 June 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37