Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 12:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Named 'Tiffany' Is Dominating Women's Pro Volleyball in Brazil
RE: Man Named 'Tiffany' Is Dominating Women's Pro Volleyball in Brazil
(February 28, 2018 at 11:32 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(February 28, 2018 at 5:12 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Women's volleyball in Brazil is full of top athletes.  Way higher level of competition then c league men in Belgium.  It is a small sample size and we are at just the start of trans people competing and we've already seen a disproportionate amount of records crushed. I think that article was full of bigotry and bigoted language, but it made the very valid point that this is going to be the downfall of many womens sports, where biological women won't be able to compete and pro leagues will be stocked with many trans athletes.

You already, just a couple of years in, are starting to see this happen. It's going to be bad for the trans community too, because it's going to make it very hard to argue that they are women just like any other women, when they are playing sports closer to the level of men then women. It'll give infinite ammo to the opponents of trans rights and an undecided person on trans, watching a trans girl bash the brains in of cis  gendered girl in a cage fight isn't going to win over hearts and minds. It's going to be detrimental.

Being born a man provides all kinds of advantages to tiffany that she wouldn't of had as a man. For example probably they were average height for the men's league but is a giant amongst the women. Transitioning provided that height, suddenly Tiffany is competing against much shorter people and being weakened by a lack of testosterone did nothing to change that.

It's not the same as a girl being born tall, before that sorry argument is trotted out for the millionth time, because it was artificial means that took away testosterone and let tiff compete against women.

As a side note I'd say the level of athlete in womens volleyball is very high compared to men, because tall athletic men are more likely to persue basketball, where as volleyball is a very popular and well established sport amongst women, especially in Brazil.

Again, people who don't know that much about sports really I think jump to the sides of trans people out of intinct because that's what they always do, but in this case you need blinders on to not see the advantage, and denying it just makes it seem like people value their political opinions more than reality.

It's just starting, I already have several examples, including all the weightlifting records smashed.  Why deny they have an unfair advantage?  If you knew a lot about sports, athletics, testosterone and steroids, that would be a difficult position to take. You certainly haven't made an argument that makes me think you do.

A Male to Female trans person would be at a huge disadvantage competing with men. That's why there isn't a single case that I can think of of high level success by such a person, while there are tons the other way. Nor do I think there ever will be. Id be super impressed by such a person as an athlete. I'm okay with that because they don't have any added advantage,  unlike trans women. The same as I'm fine with women competing in men's leagues as well. That's upping your level of competition,  not lowering it.

Consider that for a moment that these sports success are only F to M, and not the other way around and that should tell you the whole story.

Yep. Having been in cross country and track all through high school and college, the best female in our varsity team was still always *significantly* slower than the slowest male in our varsity team. Its not even close. Now, let that sink in - our fastest female was always much slower than our slowest male. Males have a fundamental physical advantage over females when it comes to these types of things. Not just because of current hormone and chemical makeup, but because of bone density, muscle mass, height, size of body frame, size of heart and lungs, and possibly many other things that have not yet been discovered or identified, but that make up the biophysical differences between male/female.

My husband is not a big dude at all. But when we wrestle around for fun, I can feel just how much stronger he is than me. He can pin down both my arms with one hand, and there is absolutely nothing I can do. It literally feels like he is made out of different "stuff" than myself, and I am completely helpless. Fair or not, thats just the work of evolution - males ARE built to be bigger and stronger and faster than females, period. This fact has made women oppressed throughout history, because outwardly, we are the weaker sex and that made us more vulnerable throughout the stone age and still does so now a days in some ways.  

Seperating sexes in sports is the *only* chance women have to win in physical competitions and not have to worry about being "the weaker sex", and completely over shadowed and outshined by our male counterparts, like we are in life already.

As a woman and a former athlete myself, it makes me so angry and sad to see all these women getting knocked out of their rightful first places and getting their records crushed because they are now made to compete against folks who are biological males and thus have a male advantage over them. And they are just supposed to shut up and not complain because otherwise they would be "bigots" and accused of "discrimination".

And for those claiming transwomen have no male advantage whatsoever because they are on hormones, how then would you explain all the transwomen who have competed in women's sports and beat them all? Don't be dishonest. You talk about feeling concern for people and letting them have their chance, but you completely ignore the bio women's side of all this, and how it isnt fair to them, as women and as atheletes, and how they are being robbed. Don't call yourself a defender of women when you fully support folks who were born male and have a male advantage crushing their records and knocking them out of their would be well deserved first places. Because that is exactly what is happening, and you are ok with that, and that is shitty as fuck.

Anyway, I'm sure this will all fall on deaf ears of the brick walls on this thread. Thanks Captain and FF for being the logical, sensible voices here.

You would have beaten me. Why should you assume every male can beat every woman. I was never tall or strong. Again, instead of thinking about gender, I think size and weight and ability. A taller bigger man would beat you, if they are good at sports, but that does not mean every male is tall or stronger. I have had females beat me at games before. And I have known females who could even kick my ass.

You are making it about transgender, not me. If it is about skill it is about skill. I could never be even a firefighter, cop or in the military. Lots of females and even transgender do though. 

There is a huge difference between averages and absolutes. Putting an absolute "never" on diverse individuals is not what you should be doing. I feel absolutely no shame in losing to a woman. I would also feel no shame if a female cop or firefighter saved my life. I am not transgender. I am however a smaller male. I am quite sure even back in my 20s someone like the Williams sisters would kick my ass in tennis. And that sport has mixed doubles too. I cant do an overhead serve to save my life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man Named 'Tiffany' Is Dominating Women's Pro Volleyball in Brazil - by Brian37 - February 28, 2018 at 11:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2990 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Women's Rights Lek 314 19730 April 25, 2023 at 5:22 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  That pro white thread. TheClearCleanStuff 161 22162 May 5, 2022 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2236 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Women BrianSoddingBoru4 26 2262 December 19, 2019 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Another liberal using women John V 38 3698 October 19, 2018 at 7:47 am
Last Post: John V
  California Requires Women on Corp Boards by law. brewer 49 4109 October 11, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official WinterHold 10 1485 June 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Doesn't The Pro-Birth Crowd Address This? Minimalist 11 1114 June 1, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant The Industrial Atheist 164 24864 May 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok