Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 5:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
You still think it has anything to do with you being white, lol.  Benny, you picked up the rhetoric and deeply misinformed positions of the same disinformation machine that brought us the alt right and a dumpster fire of a presidency, somewhere along the way of your life experiences. It's unmistakable, and immediately familiar. You expose your white grievance complex while getting things hilarious wrong at every turn..I'm just about guaranteed to poke fun...I'm just an asshole like that, lol. I suppose asking how you managed to have life experiences that don't accord with reality but do accord with right wing propaganda is out of bounds?

But, you know.... for consistency, tell me more about your very white problems of feeling very demeaned for saying 40 pages of very silly shit..with no end in sight.

Quote:That's right, Mississippi is dead last, and Idaho is 2nd last, at least in terms of the GDP per capita as of 2018: about $32,000 vs. $35,000 respectively.  I chose Georgia because I thought it was one of the poorest, but it turned out to be a relatively poor example.

So let's look at that $15 figure.  $15/hr * 8 hours/day * 260 working days/year = $31,200 a year for a full-time position in Mississippi.  So, that means that any person willing to work full time gets $800 per YEAR less than his share of the state's GDP.  What about a guy who works harder, or is smarter, or has greater skill?

You can rage, or virtue signal, or shout out what "everyone should already know at the top of your lungs" all you want.  But until you invent a method of getting blood out of stone, you might want to consider brushing up on your grade 3 math.
Even in poorer states...poorer being relative..all us states are fairly well off by some metric (strange how poorer countries manage to provide a better qol than richer states in a vastly richer country, while simultaneously displaying a better human rights record)..you'll still find obvious income inequality, and racial discrepencies -within- that income inequality.  It's endemic to the US, not to a particular state.  

Quote:So cut the memes, stop the lip service, and consider the actual issue here.  You can fuck around with a dollar here or a dollar there-- and I don't really have anything against that-- or you can realize that the way to prosperity is increased productivity, and only that.  And here's how I would do it.  Rather than a fucking meme, I'd give prisoners an offer-- a contract with bonuses and incentives laid out strong enough to matter.  Put them in a position where hard work and innovation, rather than demographic identity, determine the outcome of their efforts, and I'd bet that motivated prisoners, finally given a chance, would put the GDP of failed states like Mississippi through the goddamned roof.
Funny you should mention prisoners...they're in the news..today, too.  Calling for a national strike...protesting their treatment as unpersons and slave labor.  My favorite, is their threat to burn our crops. It's almost like america has a theme or something.... the failed states are -already- using their labor to add to the gdp...hell, their very incarceration adds to the gdp..because it's for profit. Yet another sjw cause.

But tell me more about how you'd solve those states problems by telling those incarcerated persons to work harder. It's their productivity that's the problem..ayup...must be it..if only Those People™ weren't lazy fucks.

You know who else told their incarcerated population to work harder even as they were killing them on the streets.....don't you... Wink

From the sjw perspective (and the perspective of a grounded being living in reality) the problem with prisoners is their incarceration rate and sentencing disparities..once -in- prison, they work and live like fucking dogs for the privilege of being imprisoned. Unless they're at a white collar prison, ofc.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by The Grand Nudger - August 22, 2018 at 11:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18741 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 720 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15471 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4120 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1708 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus