Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 7:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 27, 2018 at 4:47 pm)bennyboy Wrote: The mandate of the PC Left is to protect some demographic groups from others.  They've identified groups of victimhood, and those of oppressorship.  I wouldn't even say that overall this isn't well-intended.  But if you don't think that straight white rich Christian males aren't vilified as a group, then you might not think the sun is yellow, either.

As for points in which I "haven't been utterly and inescapably wrong," I'd say that 100% of my points meet that criterion.  You, obviously, disagree.  I think you are wrong to do so.
Tell me more about the stigmitization of whites.  

Quote:Well, I've never claimed white victimhood.  This is your straw man, and your attempt at guilt by association of ideas.  I say anything that even remotely sounds like I'm both (a) white; and (b) discontent with any interactions with black people (or gay people or whatever), and you are perfectly satisfied to generalize that specific complaint to some sort of over-arching complex.  But that is exactly the point, isn't it, that that's what the PC Left do?
I'm not commenting on you saying white sounding things...lol.  I've been fairly explicit about how this particular narrative was framed.  I've linked and discussed it's history, it's present, it's use, the manner in which it weaseled it's way into the mainstream, and the simple fact that otherwise unaligned people repeat it ad naus.  You're one of those people.  Now, you can pretend this thread doesn't exist..or that we've never had similar discussions..or that, somehow, I'm just making all this shit up and it's not a thing (kinda like white privilege, lol)......but how many times do people have to mistake you for a horse before you invest in a saddle?

You swallowed the koolaid.  Peterson is just one flavor...but I suspect that you've taken sips from more than just that one cup.  

Quote:My anxiety is about the effect of irresponsible and bad workers doing damage to my business-- not because they are black, or gay, or left-wing, but because they are using their identity demographics as an excuse not to do what is right-- according to the terms of a contract which they've signed.
-which has nothing to do with pc or sj issues, unless you're running a sweatshop and say casually racist things without realizing it. That is the only way for you to run afoul of the leftist extremists here, Benny. Waking up white in the morning doesn't exactly cut it.

Quote:That you keep trying to make this about demographics is YOUR thing, not mine.  The point of PC is this demographic view, and I have very consistently argued in favor of individual merit and responsibility as the metric that should matter.
It probably would surprise you to find that the "individual merit and responsibility" bit is a part of the common complex in relation to opposition to pc or sj issues, huh?   The whole reason for pc or sj anything to exist..is that people are -not- being treated based upon their individual merit or responsibility.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by The Grand Nudger - August 27, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 18791 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 337 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 721 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15478 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4122 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1710 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9634 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus