Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 7:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smilie/Plugin Suggestions from Refugees and Regulars
RE: Smilie/Plugin Suggestions from Refugees and Regulars
(September 27, 2018 at 11:53 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: Zoey (dog) is a demonic water bug hunter. But she's kinda OCD, so once she's EVER spotted one, she will obsessively return to that spot and scratch at it for weeks. I do NOT want her to find out about this mouse. She would tear the house up to get hold of it.

We had an almost new window AC in the (second story) master bedroom in the early part of the summer this year. One night she heard a noise at it and started scratching at it and guarding it all night. We tried to convince her it was just a random insect or bird but she was REALLY losing sleep over it. Finally after more than a week of this we decided to show her there was nothing there. She watched with baited breath as I opened the window while hubby held the AC. Then he pulled it out into the bedroom. Simultaneously a MOTHERFUCKING BAT flew out from under the AC. Fortunately it flew AWAY from the window instead of into it. And fortunately Zoey DID see it happen. Otherwise I'm sure she'd STILL be guarding that window. Still, after cleaning batshit off the bottom of the window frame we didn't put the AC back for fear the bat would return and bring friends.

Tinytown is plagued with bats---mostly in abandoned downtown buildings. But that was a first for us in 30+ years in this old house. I hope it was a LAST!

((((Sorry, that was TOTALLY off-topic. I'll stop that now.))))

Nope.

Off topic is where most threads go.

Don"t worry too much about it.
Dying to live, living to die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smilie/Plugin Suggestions from Refugees and Regulars - by The Valkyrie - September 28, 2018 at 12:08 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two suggestions and and one more for the hell of it Heat 1 1022 January 10, 2016 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
Thumbs Up Need Kudos plugin eminovpress 15 6480 July 24, 2011 at 6:36 am
Last Post: eminovpress
  Hi/Welcome Smilie? British_Atheist 7 2423 June 14, 2010 at 8:39 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Smilie Darwinian 2 1355 March 14, 2010 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  New suggestions josef rosenkranz 8 3498 December 29, 2008 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet