Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is slack a private social club and other issues my sorry ass has landed itself in
RE: Is slack a private social club and other issues my sorry ass has landed itself in
I'm NOT speaking for @SteelCurtain , but I can imagine that after having to intervene in the Christianity thread that somehow morphed into a N**GERmania fuck-fest of nothing but several posters woefully decrying the unfairness of being deprived of their N**GER fixes, he may have popped in on Slack and seen Jorm's little funny or whatever it was and not felt up to explaining that shit yet again. 

Now, I could be totally wrong as I am obviously NOT Steel. They may not even be the sequence of events, IDK.

But I do know how mentally trying it is to have to keep explaining this sort of shit to folks who 9 times out of 10 just don't want to understand. 
It's exhausting.

NOTE: I'm not necessarily referring to @Jörmungandr 's faux paus in voicing the following thoughts, but in regards to the various other elements that are currently bandying about in this and a couple of other threads.

Hang out in atheist spaces long enough and blacks will inevitably receive their N**GER wake-up call by those who feel compelled to "remind"  you and anyone who looks like that you aren't quite as worthy of basic respect and human decency as they are, and subtly attempt to assert their superiority by putting N**GERS in their place under the guise of free speech, being anti-PC, or just making jokes. They just can't help themselves.

And these are the very same motherfuckers will  pretend to speculate as to why "the Blacks" feel the need to create their own platforms, and call it reverse racism.
Well, there's the reason why. Enough of you go out of your way to make sure that blacks feel othered, out of place and unwelcome in mainstream atheist communities whenever it suits your fancy.

So, it is what it is.

Black atheists who participate in these forums need to recognize that these folks are NOT their peers or allies despite holding similar world or political views, lest they find themselves hurt and brutally disappointed no matter how anti-Trump, egalitarian, and/or liberal these assholes profess to be. They still benefit from white supremacy...and they know it. They've got every reason to make sure it prevails and do not hesitate to re-draw lines of racial hierarchy lines as needed.

This is "their" space and they like N**GERS to know that.

I've long been aware of this shitty little game and understand my role with perfect clarity.
Hence, the User Title: Unperturbed Interloper

I'm just here to talk about fish and make shit messy. Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is slack a private social club and other issues my sorry ass has landed itself in - by Athene - April 21, 2019 at 1:08 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matrix > Slack deleted 0 457 June 7, 2023 at 9:01 am
Last Post: deleted
  Server issues Foxaèr 4 2156 March 6, 2023 at 8:28 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Private Messages Dundee 33 4632 November 15, 2020 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Whose idea was it to segregate news stories on slack? Angrboda 5 993 January 1, 2019 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Losty
  Slack tackattack 9 1496 November 22, 2018 at 2:07 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Having site issues Foxaèr 11 1652 November 1, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2637 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  How do I quote other posts? Bunburryist 5 1684 August 14, 2016 at 2:44 am
Last Post: wiploc
  Is anyone else having issues loading the forum? Losty 19 2411 June 14, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Losty
  sorry to ask, lost track of chart vorlon13 4 1354 July 13, 2015 at 1:04 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain