Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims
RE: Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims
(July 13, 2020 at 5:59 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Well, I guess that's a good first step, but making laws and actually enacting them are two separate ballgames.

I want to refer to the gullibility of people who consider this crap an evidence of "progression". Sudan has tons over tons of problems that include wars, tribal wars and even a civil war, water problems -as I showed in the previous post-, and etc, so talking about an alcohol law does seem like nothing more than an attempt to milk the western public opinion. I mean feed your people first and stop the civil/tribal wars.

So any person buying this is either ignorant concerning politics and the state of Sudan, or plain simply gullible.
i.e this is a mere old tactic to milk western public opinion.

(July 13, 2020 at 10:05 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(July 12, 2020 at 9:08 pm)WinterHold Wrote: I think Sudan has bigger problems to face than a mere law about alcohol. And the people who buy this as "a progression of Sudan" should be ashamed: are you that stupid, to believe that a country facing a water-war, tons of wars in Darfur accompanied by a corrupt army-grip of the government; is progressing by allowing non-Muslims to purchase alcohol??

Yes, I do. Would not changing the law have gotten them more water? No. Will changing the law get them more trade and tourism? Yes.

I see this kind of argument often: Why are we accepting refugees when we have homeless veterans? Why reform police when the black murder rate is so high? Why do anything if someone, somewhere, has a bigger problem?

Tourism ? I hope the tourists don't get kidnapped first.
You realize that the last time people protested in Sudan they got shot, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khartoum_massacre

Quote:Deaths
128+[1]

Perpetrators
Rapid Support Forces (RSF),[4] Janjaweed militias[3] and TMC security forces[3]

? so ain't speaking about an alcohol law lame? I mean Sudanese people are getting shot at sight when they protest !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims - by WinterHold - July 13, 2020 at 10:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  France is Simply Saying Non to the Abayah Leonardo17 41 2962 December 5, 2023 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Huolpoch
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5325 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  God's law or private law? Leonardo17 76 6686 January 19, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2216 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5792 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 6086 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11734 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7794 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tolerance the Quran gave non-believers WinterHold 95 14717 December 29, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sharia law anyone? ignoramus 37 4547 March 28, 2019 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie