Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I have some questions for the posters here.
RE: I have some questions for the posters here.
(June 27, 2021 at 5:28 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 5:17 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote: The "entire Internet" does not think I am a prick.
Wanna bet?

Yeah, I wanna bet. So...how much; how do we decide it; and how could I possibly suppose someone like you would pay off when you lose?

Quote:
Quote:
(June 27, 2021 at 5:17 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote: If you are not intelligent enough to see that no human can KNOW there are no gods...what I can I tell ya. Maybe this kind of debate is not for you.
I made no claim that there are no gods. There might be. So far, none have turned up in all of human history. Not a single one. Maybe there is one or ten out there somewhere. If so, they are surprisingly coy. Are they all engaged in some eternal game of hide and seek?

Many theists before you have tried this gambit. It always fails.

Go ahead, follow your playbook handed to you by your priests. See how many give a shit.

Try not to tell others how bloody "nice" you have been.
1) At no point have I ever suggested that you have made a claim that there are no gods. This discussion is not just about you.

2) I have no idea if there are any gods...or what the gods may be like. For you to suppose none have turned up is just a guess...because YOU DO NOT KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY GODS OR HOW THEY WOULD "TURN UP" IF THEY DID "TURN UP."

3) I am not a theist...and I doubt your "it always fails" as much as I doubt your fantasy that the entire Internet thinks I am a prick.

4)  I have no playbook that has been handed me by any priests, I just am not an atheist...and since you are an example of what atheists are like, I never want to be one.

5)  You be sure not to tell others how bloody "nice" you have been, because there is no way you are even civil.

Anything else, genius? 

(June 27, 2021 at 8:40 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 10:02 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: I DID say that "no gods exist" is unknowable.
(June 27, 2021 at 10:02 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: There is NO way anyone can KNOW that no gods exist.
(June 27, 2021 at 10:37 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: It is stating an obvious truth for anyone with a functioning brain.
(June 27, 2021 at 10:42 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: All of that notwithstanding, I state again:  There is absolutely no way any human can KNOW that there are no gods. No way whatsoever.
(June 27, 2021 at 10:42 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: Anyone with a functioning brain knows that it is impossible for any human to know that there are no gods. It is a self-evident, obvious truth.

I thought you said that you were withdrawing this claim (see below).  Were you lying when you said that?

(June 23, 2021 at 1:50 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote: As for the "I KNOW you cannot validate an assertion of 'There are no gods'"...I'll save you the trouble of dismissing the claim. I withdraw it...and acknowledge that I was wrong to make it. You are correct that the burden falls on me...not you as a refuter. I was wrong...you and the others who mentioned this are correct.
My bad. I apologize.

(June 27, 2021 at 5:17 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote: If you are not intelligent enough to see that no human can KNOW there are no gods...what I can I tell ya. Maybe this kind of debate is not for you.

Are you going to give me an answer, Frank?

Sure..."yes", "no", "maybe", "3.141,592,634, 589..."

Fit 'em in wherever you've got room. Careful of your head.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have some questions for the posters here. - by Frank Apisa - June 28, 2021 at 5:37 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some questions about heaven and hell (for any believer) Dystopia 26 6116 June 17, 2015 at 4:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Can we have some more of this shit? Jackalope 22 3068 July 29, 2014 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Need some help here! TheGamingAtheist 15 2822 July 15, 2014 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Some questions that need to be answered therationalist 19 4791 April 8, 2014 at 9:21 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  I have a few questions to atheists, before I become one. IntelligentPlanet 66 11852 March 18, 2014 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Thank you all. I have lost so much. I have gained much more. Mr. Moncrieff 30 7104 March 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Theists, some questions TheBeardedDude 128 35565 January 31, 2014 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Tripwire
  some questions gufis253 31 10135 November 30, 2012 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: genkaus
  Does anyone here have any references orogenicman 19 5019 August 17, 2011 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: theVOID