Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 6:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran nuclear program... a "new provocation"
RE: Iran nuclear program... a "new provocation"
(July 24, 2011 at 5:51 am)padraic Wrote: Iran is a sovereign nation is it not?

Putting myself in their place; The US ,or any other country tells us we cannot have nuclear weapons because of what we might do with them. My response would be to tell the US and anyone else to go fuck itself.

Iran is just dick swinging. Their government is acutely aware that if Iran used even one nuclear weapon on any other country, Iran would not be bombed into the stone age, Iran would cease to exist.

The US has been looking for an excuse to go to war with Iran for years.An excuse will be found about the time it is finished in Afghanistan..

Exactly. If they really were developing WMD's/Nukes, then why are they developing their nuclear program openly?
Also, do we have the right to disallow them the use of modern technology? Energy is a top priority in an industrialized nation (assuming that is what Iran wants).

I want to see the proof of these nuclear arsenals that the talking heads claim exist. It is easy enough to catch Iran turning this program into something sinister. It isn't as though Iran have the funding to build a monolith of a station underground solely for nuclear weapons. Even if they did, they would no longer have the resources to continue post-militaristic actions (you kind of use up your poor resources with an undetectable station). The only support of the talking heads claims that I have heard is scare tactics. I do not see a valid reason to believe Iran is planning to nuke everyone. What would that accomplish for them anyway??

I can however see them attacking Israel. I do not support Israel's narcissistic thuggery, but it would be bad for the U.S., as the U.S. would surely get involved. More debt, more resource-thinning.

Also, I am not so sure that there is only one faction within Iran. We seem to assume that all of the leaders are evil bastards who sacrifice their nation's resources to kill a few Israelites. It is perfectly possible for nationalists to overthrow the villains and initiate a campaign for the development of their country. Honestly, how reliable is our media in these matters? I rather not listen to the doomsday bullshit...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran nuclear program... a "new provocation" - by Spectrum - July 24, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 650 April 23, 2024 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Exclamation Islamic Mafia Criminal Terrorists Gorups and insecurity in Iran AVMXF 22 2056 September 8, 2023 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: AVMXF
  [Serious] Does Trump deserve some credit if Iran... Jehanne 40 2733 October 2, 2022 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nuclear War must become obsolete OP/ED Brian37 43 3247 March 23, 2018 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 9097 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America drops "largest non-nuclear bomb in history" on Afganistan Aroura 77 12238 April 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump put call with Putin on hold to ask his aides to explain our nuclear arms treaty Aegon 43 6949 February 14, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Putin Ally threatens Nuclear War if Trump loses, says woman can't lead USA Divinity 87 11903 October 18, 2016 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Questions about Iran and Islam A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 12 1599 March 5, 2016 at 8:58 am
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  Would any of you feel comfortable with Donald Trump in charge of the nuclear football GoHalos1993 31 5914 December 8, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: abaris