Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump May End DACA Program
Trump May End DACA Program
There's been rumblings about Trump's administration wanting to end DACA, which allowed people who were brought to the US illegally as children to register with the government and temporarily legalize their status. As far as I know, it's mostly been used by Latino immigrants.
I'm concerned for someone I know personally who is in this program. She came out of the shadows, registered with the government, gave them her name, address and personal information and now may be told she can't stay legally anymore. What are they going to do? Knock on her door and boot her out? (She came here when she was 7, is now a college student and no trouble with the law, btw.)

If the program is ended, I'm sure it will be announced late on a Friday afternoon, actually they'll probably announce it tomorrow, just before the long holiday weekend.

I truly believe if Trump is allowed to stay in office for very long, he'll announce an executive order rounding up all the browns...citizens, legal residents and illegal migrants - all of them. It happened in WW2 with the Japanese, who is to say it can't happen again?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/...-says.html

-Teresa
RE: Trump May End DACA Program
I think I remembered hearing about this program years ago.

It's not right to hold people responsible for events that are out of their control.
I don't know. That would include a lot of very fluent English speaking people, deeply engrained within their communities and the American culture, that literally would have no place at all to go once they were moved to the other side of whatever boarder.

There would be way too much blow back for anyone to do that. He's shown to be one that is comfortable swimming up stream, but when the facts come out to him and everyone around him says no; even the most stubborn person tends to listen.

That would honestly be one of the imagination arguments that I would think the majority of Trump supporters would push back on. I'm sure there would be a few turds out there, but it wouldn't be a supportable push from any political figure's pulpit.
Ah, what the hell. Make everyone on the planet an American citizen and be done with it.
I don't see a round-up happening with the Shitgibbon. He's that stupid, sure, but has already alienated so much of his support even inside the GOP. As matters stand, they are politically wiser than he is and would almost surely stand against this, if for no other reason than partisan politics. No political party can survive without some minority support in America.

(August 31, 2017 at 8:45 pm)Court Jester Wrote: I don't know. That would include a lot of very fluent English speaking people, deeply engrained within their communities and the American culture, that literally would have no place at all to go once they were moved to the other side of whatever boarder.

There would be way too much blow back for anyone to do that. He's shown to be one that is comfortable swimming up stream, but when the facts come out to him and everyone around him says no; even the most stubborn person tends to listen.

That would honestly be one of the imagination arguments that I would think the majority of Trump supporters would push back on. I'm sure there would be a few turds out there, but it wouldn't be a supportable push from any political figure's pulpit.

45 sold Obama as the secret Muslim for 5 years, no he didn't start it, but he took the opportunity being a bigger voice to take off with what another right wing nut started. Ironically McCain, the same guy 45 trashed lost to Obama doing the right thing during his campaign standing up to the women at his rally telling her Obama was not a Muslim. 

Then for his entire campaign Trump shouted, "IT'S THE MEXICANS, IT'S THE MUSLIMS". 

The only part of his base that is really pushing back on it are businesses that vote republican that want the under the table labor. He won precisely because he sold white persecution. No, it does not have to be the majority of his voters, but just enough of a big minority to outnumber the divisions between Hillary and Bernie supporters in the swing states.

I do think however more and more on the right that are not bat shit insane are waking up like a drunk who woke up to an ugly partner they picked up at a bar the night prior.
And, of course, DACA isn't one of those presidential 'executive order' thingies, there was wide bipartisan acclaim for the legislation and it's just mean old Trump thwarting the rule of Congress again.

The bastard.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 1, 2017 at 10:56 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: And, of course, DACA isn't one of those presidential 'executive order' thingies, there was wide bipartisan acclaim for the legislation and it's just mean old Trump thwarting the rule of Congress again.

The bastard.

The DACA is an Executive Order so Trump can rescind it at his will.
I assume you're being sarcastic there, Vorls - President Obama's executive order on DACA was meant to be a stopgap measure while Congress got their shit together on comprehensive immigration reform. And here we are, 5 years later and even further away from immigration reform with DACA probably getting deep-sixed.

-Teresa
The best option is to send all of those people back to their home countries and maybe they will turn them into better places to live since they have been indoctrinated with American values.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1892 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1061 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1098 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The End Of the Pathologization Of Intersex Amarok 1 463 July 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theresa May resigning as PM Rev. Rye 17 1876 May 26, 2019 at 4:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Theresa May seen off the coast of Blackpool Cod 0 325 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36912 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 3117 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How will the Trump Presidency end? (Poll) TheBeardedDude 55 14667 October 18, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Alan V
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3712 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie