Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Apologist's Reference for Evidence of Evolution
An Apologist's Reference for Evidence of Evolution
Quote:We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem." - Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

I got this idea because I am so sick of showing the creationists the evidence for evolution, as if they can't google.

We should just collaborate and compile a staggering list of the only kind of evidence taken seriously on the planet earth, by anybody who is reasonable/capable of understanding broad-ish concepts.

This is not a discussion thread so much as it is a thread in which all those whom accept evolution as fact can post references and evidence that make the case for evolution. Then we can just link them here when they want evidence, or even use this thread as a reference to point them to some evidence for a specific aspect of evolution that may be in question. Any time you find something new or relevant, post it here for all to see.

If anyone out there wishes to dispute these claims, just post a thread, but please be sure to include evidence for your own claims, and keep in mind that only evidence from sources recognized by the collective (and actual) scientific community will be accepted. If you state that carbon dating is incorrect, etc., please provide evidence from a real scientific source (no religious bias) or nobody has any reason to believe you.

Quote:What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence - Christopher Hitchens

I am going to start things off by submitting the first in a series of videos that provide a wealth of information and proof that evolution is true. You can watch all of them on this same YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1rzwsvq-Ys

If you are seriously interested in the evidence for evolution, you will watch these videos. If you don't watch them, you are choosing to ignore evidence, and are actually just interested in your own opinions.

Science isn't out to murder your religion. There is no motive other than seeking truthful answers to what can be known about everything in the universe. You don't like the answers, find a way to prove your own answers are true. Unless you can submit proof that the answers you find here are incorrect, they will remain correct, whether they align with your beliefs or not.

Alright. Now that that lengthy OP is out of the way, let's do this.

FSM Grin

RE: An Apologist's Reference for Evidence of Evolution
Come on people! I know you've got some links, or photos, or videos that support evolution. Help me out here. I have more stuff to add, but I want to see what others have too.

You know it's only a matter of time before a creationist comes here bugging us for proof. Let's make it simple for them.

The video to clear the misconceptions [or misunderstandings] of carbon dating?
That's awesome, Blam! Thanks. It's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Well, there's this site which contains an exhaustive reference guide to debunking practically every argument against evolution that has ever been published and intended to be taken seriously.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Here is another video I found that explains how evolution works, and why it's a fact.

It also explains away some misconceptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cBez8FVuvI

The video to clear the misconceptions of theory. Short and informative, I think?
The why do people laugh at creationists you tube series by thunderfoot is quite good(although some here disagree).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Great stuff, guys! I happen to love Thunderf00t's videos, and I'm a subscriber to his channel.

(December 21, 2011 at 12:50 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: The why do people laugh at creationists you tube series by thunderfoot is quite good(although some here disagree).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY

Venus and Mars aren't in the "habitable zone" around the sun? I realize that these planets aren't habitable for other reasons, Venus' thick, toxic atmosphere and Mars' thin atmosphere, but I wonder if with a more conducive atmosphere, these planets could be habitable.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evidence to Convict? RoadRunner79 262 63892 August 15, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Is‏ ‏there 50 evidence of evolution?‎ king krish 74 11670 January 14, 2015 at 1:50 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Precision in Nature: Evidence of God or Accidents? Alter2Ego 20 8223 August 13, 2013 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  Researchers Find More Evidence That Dolphins Use Names pocaracas 6 2213 July 25, 2013 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Evidence of life on Europa and Enceladus? popeyespappy 7 3124 July 8, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30308 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Best Evidence For Evolution RonaldReagansGhost666 35 15483 February 12, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Zone
  Neanderthals are us– More evidence Justtristo 0 1306 August 29, 2011 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Justtristo
Lightbulb Evidence For Evolution HeyItsZeus 5 3265 August 27, 2010 at 1:32 am
Last Post: Entropist