Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Christmas Stories/Novels
Favorite Christmas Stories/Novels
With Christmas coming up, I thought it would be fun to discuss our favorite Christmas stories.

Mine are:

Matchless: A Christmas Story by Gregory Maguire

The Gift of the Magi by William Sydney Porter (O. Henry)

I would also like to give honorable mention to "It's a Wonderful Life," as it is also a story, technically. I also tend to watch or read "Little Women" around Christmas, though it is not technically about Christmas. It just reminds me of my family.
RE: Favorite Christmas Stories/Novels
I often read Catcher in the Rye near Christmas; after all, it does take place the weekend before Christmas.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I will say that there isn't anything I read regularly that is related to Christmas, nor is there a book about anything Christmassy that I really love...

But, I will say that one of my favourite stories set at Christmas is one that tells the tale of a New York cop who takes down some terrorists in an LA office building. Tongue
Cunt
I like "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", though I do have to say the story gets a little weak after Cindy Lou Who shows up.
(December 18, 2011 at 6:56 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I like "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", though I do have to say the story gets a little weak after Cindy Lou Who shows up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OphhPCZdDRk
(December 18, 2011 at 7:51 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(December 18, 2011 at 6:56 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I like "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", though I do have to say the story gets a little weak after Cindy Lou Who shows up.

I only recently discovered TBBT. Hilarious. Apparently, I've been living under a rock or something.

I love that show. It's brilliant. I very rarely watch television, but I make an exception for that one.
"Hogfather" Terry Pratchett.

To both read and watch.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I'm no literature expert by any means, but I still like Dickens... its got only a little to do with Christmas, and is a good story of human redemption, etc....
Dickens is the best.

Even some of the bastardizations of Scrooge and his ghosts (and there are WAY too many) are somewhat enjoyable. A good story is a good story.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  THIS Is How You Update A Christmas Song! BrianSoddingBoru4 1 925 December 23, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Post your Favorite Short Stories vulcanlogician 42 7495 June 3, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Favorite Scenes from Favorite Fiims chimp3 46 3488 February 10, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Athene
  Shelley Segal Christmas song atheist style! Brian37 0 439 December 16, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Christmas music that DOESN'T annoy the everlasting gobstoppers out of you c172 19 1935 December 8, 2017 at 10:39 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christmas music that annoys the f out of you. Brian37 15 1196 December 4, 2017 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Your favorite tv shows NOW vs. your favorite tv shows of all time Casca 14 1736 January 15, 2017 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Novels: what have you read recently, how did it affect you and do you recommend it? Whateverist 16 3574 July 14, 2016 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Two-Sentence Horror Stories: Post your favorite emilynghiem 28 5468 February 20, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Strider
  12 New Harry Potter Stories for December 2014 ManMachine 0 630 December 18, 2014 at 9:19 am
Last Post: ManMachine