Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite fictional pub?
Your favorite fictional pub?
I'm a big fan of the Hog's Head in Hogsmeade, the village that services Hogwarts.

I would love to visit Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. I'd by Mickey Finn a drink!
RE: Your favorite fictional pub?
For just the name, ‘The Alibi Room’.

For the general atmosphere, ‘The Broken/Mended Drum’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 3, 2020 at 7:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: For just the name, ‘The Alibi Room’.

Boru

Dammit.

I was just going to mention the Mended Drum.

Any place where the troll bouncers are called "splatters" is my kind of pub.

I will go with my second choice of Biers.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 3, 2020 at 7:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: For just the name, ‘The Alibi Room’.
There were two elbow bars within walking distance of my house in Lafayette, Indiana. One was "The Office", the other was "Overtime". Levitate
(May 3, 2020 at 7:40 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

Boru

Dammit.

‘There were trolls in the bar, each one holding a double-bladed axe. Between thumb and forefinger.’ 

Tells you all you need to know about The Drum, really.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 3, 2020 at 8:23 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 3, 2020 at 7:40 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Dammit.

‘There were trolls in the bar, each one holding a double-bladed axe. Between thumb and forefinger.’ 

Tells you all you need to know about The Drum, really.

Boru
Is this a Pratchett thing?
Yes.

Boru
I may eventually get the patience to read some of that.
Barbarian.  Razz

Boru
(May 3, 2020 at 8:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Barbarian.  Razz

Boru

[Image: lf?set=path%5B1%2F2%2F8%2F0%2F5%2F128058...t.chain%5D]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Your Favorite Religious Movie ? The Architect Of Fate 25 2411 November 24, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Uberpod
  Your favorite Star Trek Universe Alien Foxaèr 27 1005 November 28, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Your favorite October/Halloween re-watches Foxaèr 6 635 October 12, 2018 at 1:43 pm
  Post your Favorite Short Stories vulcanlogician 42 7385 June 3, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Post your favorite blues song. vulcanlogician 29 3338 March 27, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Favorite Scenes from Favorite Fiims chimp3 46 3372 February 10, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Athene
  What Is Your Favorite Music Album Of All Time? Edwardo Piet 30 3546 December 5, 2017 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Your favorite tv shows NOW vs. your favorite tv shows of all time Casca 14 1704 January 15, 2017 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Who are your favorite visual artists? (with pictures) DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 1 1515 December 4, 2015 at 7:32 pm
  What's your favorite Halloween song? BrokenQuill92 18 2868 October 1, 2015 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet