Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Athiest Reporting In
Another Athiest Reporting In
Hi all, I am a 43 year old Englishman who has been an atheist for as long as I can remember. I have read the bible, loved some of it, was appalled by a lot of it, and found most of the rest of it to be incomprehensible. I am cool with the fact that I never existed for at least thirteen billion years before I was born, and am equally cool with the fact that I wont exist for however long the universe persists into the future after I die. I got one life, and that is enough for me. I love, and am loved in return, and have morals too. I like reading all sorts of things, from hard science fiction, to accounts of the naval battles of the Napoleonic wars. The next book I intend to read is Dante's Inferno, because I recently got an electronic copy of it as a part of a hundred classic books, and have long been intrigued by what the fuss is all about, and now is a good time to find out for myself.

I am a firm believer in evolution, science, and the concept of deep time. They have all been proven to my satisfaction. But I am more than willing to listen to the views of others who do not necessarily with me, that is why I joined here in the first place.

Well, that's it, hello again.
RE: Another Athiest Reporting In
Hello there fellow Englishman and atheist.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Welcome, Welcome. Always please to interact with like minded people. Smile
Quote:Another Athiest Reporting In

It's about time. You're late!

Welcome, sir! Glad to you finally made it.

Side note: Any one besides me notice that the new atheist members of this forum can properly put sentences together, and all the new theists... barely, if at all?

Welcome aboard. It is nice to have you here.
Welcome to our little bit of sanity on the net mate...

Hi from the land down under.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome. 'Inferno' is very interesting but it turns out to be more of a political statement than a religious one.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  O-Oh Athiest-Kisha, notice me B-Baka! SenpaiNoticeMeYouBlindShmuck 10 2444 October 10, 2016 at 6:11 am
Last Post: EruptedCarcassBloat
  Hi from an Aussie Athiest Eclipse 17 1986 February 13, 2016 at 7:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Athiest forums! warlocksarebest 22 2991 November 7, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: c172
  Is It Hypocritical Of Me To Be Athiest? Cheese-Is-Christ 26 4981 October 9, 2013 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Hello from a frum Israeli Athiest EGross 7 2344 February 19, 2013 at 10:53 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Black Female Athiest Looking for Atheist Friends! Chemelonique 25 7542 July 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Former Athiest clipse26i 40 13719 July 25, 2011 at 9:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Athiest Evolutionist Jem12 10 3686 June 8, 2011 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: eric209
  Lutheran, drunk athiest, God, christian, non-religious, voice of God bjhulk 30 11530 February 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: OnlyNatural
  Alaska Athiest! paintpooper 20 6191 May 30, 2010 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious