Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:05 am

Poll: Ron Paul
This poll is closed.
He will win the nomination and he will be President.
25.00%
2 25.00%
No way he will get the votes needed to be president.
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Libertarians going nuts and threatening violence
Libertarians going nuts and threatening violence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGPDTkeYj...y_received

P.S. - "This board" is not Atheist forums. It is the chat under the youtube channel on this link

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGPDTkeYjFs&feature=email&email=comment_reply_received

I have already had my life threatened three times by the libertarians on this board merely for saying that I will not vote for him. One Libertarian even went so far as to say "I know most of you here are democrat/Progressive, but if you dont vote for Ron Paul then you should be shot."

Honestly, the libertarians on this board are frothing at the mouth...and the funny thing is, Cenk was talking GOOD about Ron Paul. Nope, that doesnt stop them from being their typical aggrivating types of people.

These people WORSHIP him; "Ron Paul is one of those rare people that will have people quoting him long after we are are forgotten and dust."

They say that we progressives on board have unnatural fear of corporations, and if we dont like them then we shouldnt buy their products, yet turn around and say that Ron Paul will stop the corruption between corporations and politicians. These people are very misled.

They say they are opposed to corporate corruption, yet any mention of raising taxes on the rich is met by more mouth foamed insults that everyone should be taxed the same percentage (which means the poor and mid class carry the burdon of the govt) or how the rich are "job creators" (yeah, like all of Cox cable customers arent the reason the cable guy has a job. No, its that small handful of whitecolars in NewYork who give him his job) These people talk big about economy yet still cant get even basic things like supply and demand down. they claim they are against the status quo, but the very ideology they preach on this video protects and ensures that the corruption will continue, and even get worse.

Yet another Libertarian once I told him Ron Paul was too right wing for my tastes: "Well, then enjoy being slowly cooked to your death. The constitution is dying in front of your eyes and you let the fear of a possibility of a right-wing shift decide to give up on democracy"

"Slowly cooked to my death?" These Libertarians are just as kooky as the Pat Robertson type right wingers.

When I ask them what will Ron Paul do about the MASSIVE unemployment rate that will be created after he shuts down the dept. of education and all of those other depts...most of them get real quiet. Some have said "we put them in the private sector." They want school vouchers to be the education system in America. So basically they want to force teachers in decent paying union jobs to lose their union, then go out to work for a private company for less money and possible religious requirements.
RE: Libertarians going nuts and threatening violence
I've been saying that libertarians are cocksuckers for years now. But the truth is, they belong in the GOP with the rest of the cocksuckers.
Libertarians here have threatened to kill you and you didn't report it? Why do I get the feeling that was slightly exaggerated? In my opinion, the histrionics on both sides take away from the real issues.
(December 21, 2011 at 4:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I've been saying that libertarians are cocksuckers for years now. But the truth is, they belong in the GOP with the rest of the cocksuckers.

Oh, I agree. there is no way in Hell that people like this would remain in the Democratic party. They would be run out on a rail. Honestly, some of these libertarians are making evangelicals look like wonderful people to spend time with in comparison.

Im not sure which would be worse..listening to a Ron Paul supporter for an hour or listening to Pat robertson for an hour?

Fuck it, I would rather listen to Pat Robertson for an hour.
(December 21, 2011 at 4:31 pm)Shell B Wrote: Libertarians here have threatened to kill you and you didn't report it? Why do I get the feeling that was slightly exaggerated? In my opinion, the histrionics on both sides take away from the real issues.

You have that feeling that it is slightly exagerated because no libertarian threatened my life ON THIS FORUM.

They have, however, threatened me on The young Turks Youtube videos...ahem....the one that is embedded above...

*points up to the top of the op*

I put a disclaimer note at the top to ensure nobody misunderstands
I'm glad I'm not the only one here paying attention to the young turks.

They're the only news group that brought up the NDAA abortion that recently was signed into law and I'm glad *someone* is pointing out how they're putting a popular politician into the sidelines.
Ron seems to be able to win Iowa and that may even give him momentum (possibly) in other states in order to ultimately win the nomination.... buit apparently he doesn't represent the will of the Iowan people despite the fact that THEY'RE VOTING FOR HIM and thus putting him into the number one.

Hell, I might even consider voting for him if for no other reason than he might be the only candidate that'll upset the heavily ingrained corruption in US politics despite the damage he'd do to everything else. I certainly agree with his foreign policy and given that Obama signed the NDAA into law and given the horrifying possibility that any of the other republican shitwits are, in fact, completly corrupt shitwits, I may have to look into him further.

God, why is South Park so bloody accurate? All voting these days have turned into voting for either a turd sandwitch or a shit taco.

I suppose I'll have to give Obama another go and hope that this new McArthyism law of the NDAA doesn't affect me and that it finally causes the vast majority of people to get off their asses and set our government straight.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
My bad, Rev. I thought you were talking about this forum. Mea culpa.
(December 21, 2011 at 4:39 pm)Shell B Wrote: My bad, Rev. I thought you were talking about this forum. Mea culpa.

No, its part mine as well..I should have pointed out that I was talking about the discussion under the video. I put a tag under it so that will not happen again.
I automatically assume that Ron Paul has little chance of winning the Republican nomination. However given his main rivals are Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney, he actually has a realistic prospect of getting the nomination or very least he might be able to secure a position as a running mate to either Gingrich or Romney.

My opinion of Ron Paul is overall his policies (apart from a few expectations) are terrible and in some cases are tinfoil hat nuttery (for example his criticism of fiat currency).
undefined
I cant blame him much for criticizing fiat currency. I criticize him for saying it should be replaced with gold/silver standard.

I want money abolished immediately..but, then again, I am in the minority.
(December 21, 2011 at 7:07 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: I cant blame him much for criticizing fiat currency. I criticize him for saying it should be replaced with gold/silver standard.

I want money abolished immediately..but, then again, I am in the minority.
You cannot abolish money like that. What, are we going to go back to the barter system?
That's not even present in the fallout universe.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When is political violence justified? FrustratedFool 54 3018 September 8, 2023 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 11473 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  [Serious] Violence, what violence? Spongebob 2 625 January 3, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 354 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1089 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Most British voters support violence on brexit downbeatplumb 17 1482 October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4579 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5259 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 722 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas Seraphina 8 777 June 26, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball