Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have all the miracles gone?
Where have all the miracles gone?
Why is it that since the bible was completed, there have been no amazingly fantastic events and miracles like those that occur on a regular basis therein? I am not aware of a single event that comes close to a parting of the sea or fitting two of every species on a boat, being swallowed by a whale, feeding whatever that number was with a single loaf of bread, etc., etc., etc. All it would take is one undeniably divine miracle like the dozens (hundreds?) "documented" in the bible, and this forum would be history. Someone please enlighten me as to the reason for the cessation of big-time miracles.
RE: Where have all the miracles gone?
(December 22, 2011 at 1:26 am)Fleetwoodfloyd Wrote: Why is it that since the bible was completed, there have been no amazingly fantastic events and miracles like those that occur on a regular basis therein? I am not aware of a single event that comes close to a parting of the sea or fitting two of every species on a boat, being swallowed by a whale, feeding whatever that number was with a single loaf of bread, etc., etc., etc. All it would take is one undeniably divine miracle like the dozens (hundreds?) "documented" in the bible, and this forum would be history. Someone please enlighten me as to the reason for the cessation of big-time miracles.

You're just not informed. Pick up a copy of the National Enquirer or one of those other whacko newspapers. No telling what miracles may be happening every day. Yessiree.
Or......... bible miracles were bullshit, too.

I wonder which is more likely?
I know it might seem crazy and out there, but I don't think any of the stories you mentioned are true.

Just a theory!

(December 22, 2011 at 1:26 am)Fleetwoodfloyd Wrote: Why is it that since the bible was completed, there have been no amazingly fantastic events and miracles like those that occur on a regular basis therein? I am not aware of a single event that comes close to a parting of the sea or fitting two of every species on a boat, being swallowed by a whale, feeding whatever that number was with a single loaf of bread, etc., etc., etc. All it would take is one undeniably divine miracle like the dozens (hundreds?) "documented" in the bible, and this forum would be history. Someone please enlighten me as to the reason for the cessation of big-time miracles.

Miracles don't happen anymore because:
A very select group of uber-elite Arabs living in miniscule plot of desert sand were given a tiny 30 year window of time in the middle of human history to witness for themselves the mind-blowing power of the son of an almighty deity. These very special people were allowed to witness first hand the awesome power of the creator of the universe and told their amazing stories to many authors hundreds of years later who managed to record it without the slightest error or exaggeration. Impressive - I know. This of course means that people like you and I don't actually need to see miracles anymore because we have the word of 2000 year old goat herders that we can rely on. Why should god waste miracles? We have the flawlessness of word-of-mouth. You see, god clearly is all powerful and amazing, but he really is limited to stopping by the planet once and only in one part of the world. Would it have been better for him to show up at a time when world wide communication didn't take five generations of families and miracles could be witnessed on You tube? Yeah probably, but god is mysterious that way, and more importantly he wants us to have faith not just love for him. No one knows why - don't ask, just shut the fuck up and get on your knees bitch.

Praise the lord, I don't need any miracles. The bible is all I need!

Amen!
[Image: Evolution.png]

The real miracle is that idiots like ICP can get a record deal:

"Music is pure magic. You can't even hold it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Oz9bTUVeE

The miracle of salvation occurs every day! Science today tries to explain away many miracles, scientist say we don't know yet but, we will, science reveals all things in it's time. Yeah right.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(December 22, 2011 at 3:48 am)Godschild Wrote: The miracle of salvation occurs every day! Science today tries to explain away many miracles, scientist say we don't know yet but, we will, science reveals all things in it's time. Yeah right.

Like science doesn't explain the idiotic claims of miracle of prayer has over modern medicine? Yeah right....
(December 22, 2011 at 3:48 am)Godschild Wrote: The miracle of salvation occurs every day! Science today tries to explain away many miracles, scientist say we don't know yet but, we will, science reveals all things in it's time. Yeah right.

Science has done more for you than your imaginary friend ever will. What kind of ingrate gets on their computer and talks shit about science in favor of a set of beliefs that have caused the murder of innumerable people for being scientific heretics?

[Image: 090330-dark-ages.jpg]

You should really be ashamed of yourself, GC. The real miracle is that science has overcome so many bullshit obstacles, created by people with faith and power, and is advancing every day.

Bringing your ungrateful ass shit like computers, and satellites, cell phones, and life saving medicines, procedures, and cures, that help everyone- including you!

Where was your god when small pox ravaged towns and villages? Nowhere! Luckily, for all of us, science saved the day, and we don't have to worry about it anymore. And you scoff at science!!??!! Fuck you.

Miracles happen all the time, but only when a sceptic isn't looking. Its confirmation bias anyhow. 10,000 people with terminal cancer go to a shrine looking for a miracle cure, 9,999 of them don't get anything. But the old lady who just happens to be the one in ten thousand whose cancer will go into spontaneous remission's is wheeled out in front of the gullible as proof that a miracle has occurred.

Maybe she was a bitch who nagged three husbands into an early grave and cheated on the taxman, why was she miraculously cured? What about the 9,999 other people who went to the shrine looking for a cure, all of whom were more deserving of divine intervention, but received nothing?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1993 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 18593 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  I will be gone for a few days Der/die AtheistIn 2 1165 October 19, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6078 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11249 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing! Jehanne 18 2941 October 8, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 67157 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Jesus' imperfect miracles. Brakeman 32 7133 June 25, 2015 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Rainbow Bloody miracles from a bloody cult. Bob Kelso 22 4788 March 26, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  This Could Have Gone in Damned Republicunts, too, but Minimalist 20 3121 February 27, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Losty