Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will be gone for a few days
I will be gone for a few days
Tomorrow I will go to Austria where the day after I will go to an aquaintance wedding. He is pentecostal, so there would be no dancing, no drinking, just sitting at the table, eating and talking. I'm personally not a big fan of parties (I don't hate them, I'm just not very interested in them), I don't dance much and I rarely drink and even I think this is boring. Untill now I always got bored at weddings. Granted, I was a child and I didn't know many of the guests, but at the very least there was dancing. I was 16 at the last wedding I attendet, there every guest (except small children) got a glass of champain. I too got a glass and the champain was very sweet, so I drank it quickly. My dad got scared, but nothing happened to me. The biggest problem with weddings I had is that they took so long and don't have much happening, that wasn't the case with my mom's brother wedding, there were a few artists who sang and danced, part of them from the family. 
As I said, I predict the pentecostal one to be boring (unless something umplanned and intersting happens, which I doubt). 
What rules: 
  • don't drink, not even with measure, not even at special occasions
  • don't go to parties, unless is strictly necesarry
  • don't have too much fun at the few parties you're allowed to attend
My parents said that they see pentecostals as their syblings, I can see why, they are all sheep when it comes to religion. They might be in the moderate herd, but they are still sheep.

Also, I accepted my dad's request to join the Catholic Church. He will be proud of me, so I might win something out of this. When I will become financially stable I will tell him about my atheism. It will piss him off, but it would not affect me much then. I'm an evil atheist! Muahaha! I'm joking, atheism didn't make me evil, the annoyence which dad (and partially mom) made me go through made me evil.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: I will be gone for a few days
(October 19, 2017 at 12:21 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: ...As I said, I predict the pentecostal one to be boring (unless something umplanned and intersting happens, which I doubt). 
What rules: 
  • don't have too much fun at the few parties you're allowed to attend...

Hmm, I'd be tempted to sneak a few rats in, a shoulder bag or suchlike and let them out under one of those cascading table cloths. The panic and the screams will be joy to behold.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
RE: I will be gone for a few days
(October 19, 2017 at 3:45 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 12:21 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: ...As I said, I predict the pentecostal one to be boring (unless something umplanned and intersting happens, which I doubt). 
What rules: 
  • don't have too much fun at the few parties you're allowed to attend...

Hmm, I'd be tempted to sneak a few rats in, a shoulder bag or suchlike and let them out under one of those cascading table cloths. The panic and the screams will be joy to behold.

Good idea! And how about domestic rats, who don't carry diseases and aren't very violent? I want to scare peopple, not ruin their lives. I might be evil, but I'm not THAT evil! Devil (large)
This plan might be dangerous for the rats though.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Moses really write the first few books of the bible? T.J. 30 2143 November 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5123 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 22436 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  ...And then there are the days He is silent. Drich 75 16701 May 3, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  channel 5 the last days of jesus downbeatplumb 5 2234 April 17, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Any one else watch The Last Days of Jesus on PBS ? vorlon13 9 2574 April 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6077 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4200 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing! Jehanne 18 2939 October 8, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  A few questions for Christians... Simon Moon 7 2176 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Drich