Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're being invaded by space aliens
We're being invaded by space aliens
"Space ball" drops on Namibia
RE: We're being invaded by space aliens
It looked like the ballcock of a toilet.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It's just space trash.

The ball, weighing over six kilograms and with a circumference of 43.3 inches, is just a pressure vessel, a deposit used in rockets and all those things that humans send to orbit. Probably one of these metal-lined composite-overwrapped pressure vessels.

http://gizmodo.com/5870737/that-space-ba...ien-object
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
There's actually an impressive amount of junk in low and high orbit above our heads....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 24, 2011 at 6:15 pm)Rhythm Wrote: There's actually an impressive amount of junk in low and high orbit above our heads....

I'm not impressed at all. You should see the shit that's in my bedroom, haha.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(December 24, 2011 at 6:15 pm)Rhythm Wrote: There's actually an impressive amount of junk in low and high orbit above our heads....

Yeah, the laws of thermodynamics say that these satellites' orbits around the earth will degrade in times, and eventually will crash on earth. There are an estimated 25,000 man-made objects, so get ready for some of that junk to fall in your backyard.

(December 25, 2011 at 7:17 am)little_monkey Wrote: get ready for some of that junk to fall in your backyard.

Or on your head.
Fug XDD
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(December 25, 2011 at 7:17 am)little_monkey Wrote:

Yeah, the laws of thermodynamics say that these satellites' orbits around the earth will degrade in times, and eventually will crash on earth. There are an estimated 25,000 man-made objects, so get ready for some of that junk to fall in your backyard.

99% won't survive friction heating during reentry into atmosphere. Only titanium screws and titanium pressure vessels are likely to reenter from orbit and survive to the ground.

(December 25, 2011 at 9:57 am)Chuck Wrote:
(December 25, 2011 at 7:17 am)little_monkey Wrote:
99% won't survive friction heating during reentry into atmosphere. Only titanium screws and titanium pressure vessels are likely to reenter from orbit and survive to the ground.

Thanks for pointing that out. Already, I feel safer.

(December 25, 2011 at 7:28 am)Shell B Wrote:
(December 25, 2011 at 7:17 am)little_monkey Wrote: get ready for some of that junk to fall in your backyard.

Or on your head.

Who could I sue?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Space purplepurpose 9 526 September 24, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Space Slug / Greatest movie one criteria hostile merger! ignoramus 8 1318 September 14, 2017 at 7:46 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Time for a song thread, how about Space brewer 31 4388 August 11, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Disclosure Project - Aliens UFOs scoobysnack 136 14603 April 6, 2016 at 12:31 am
Last Post: IATIA
  Mars, (space) pictures ignoramus 8 1501 March 22, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Joods
  [Life Story(Kinda)] Aliens Heat 7 2310 December 10, 2015 at 5:56 am
Last Post: Heat
  Lego man in space. leo-rcc 2 1066 January 26, 2012 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Do aliens exist? Brick-top 31 14741 April 22, 2011 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  The Guilty Aliens Conspiracy stevenlchilds 13 3703 March 3, 2010 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Earth versus space TruthWorthy 10 4034 January 20, 2010 at 4:22 am