Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, strongly anti religious guy here :)
Hi, strongly anti religious guy here :)
Hi. I thought I would sign up on these forums as I am an Athetst yet surrounded by religious people every day of my life, and everywhere I go.

I live in the not - so - Atheist - friendly city of Bradford, a crap hole to be in for any atheist, particulary for anti islamists as it has the highest Muslim population in the UK, and saying anything disrespectful about religion here would land you in a hospital.

Check out this Documentary on my home city to get an idea of what living here is like, this is a must see for all atheists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIduMGwsX_k

There are 2 more parts, just click through the related video links.

If anyone wants to know what is taught in these mosques and also in some schools, this video shows that very well -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnOdD46WI...re=related

I would also like to share this video if anyone would like to watch it, of an Arab Woman Speaking Out Against Islam. -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQsFY7n1X...re=related

I want religion banned. All of them for equallity so that I'm not being anymore unfair towards one or another Smile
RE: Hi, strongly anti religious guy here :)
Welcome!
I feel your pain. I'm surrounded by religious people as well.
That's part of why I joined Smile
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
I also sent an E mail to join council of Ex - Muslims:

http://www.ex-muslim.org.uk/indexJoinus.html

I like telling Christians to go and suck on Jesus's ....

I am a huge fan of Theologikos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fWIjP5aJ...annel_page

He has the most funniest stuff I have ever seen against religion, if you havnt already seen his videos, then you fail as an Atheist =D

But you will pass after you have watched them all.

Ok, I'm sorry, but I lied. I am only an Athiest on saturday, sunday and monday. On every other day, I am a Pastafarian! But we all know that the FSM has three holidays everyweek, and we dont have to be religious on those days so can be Atheist temporarily if we want.

Now, where did I put my ramen? Me hungry Sad
@Bhaw

Welcome

Bradford? I have this (probably wrong) mental image of Bradford as being like Coronation Street.--But then,I live in a suburb an aweful lot like "Ramsay St" -except I'm 10 miles from the sea and have never met the people three doors down.Thinking
Hi Bhavv,

I think telling people to, er, such of J's **** is probably the wrong approach but then I'm no saint either since I pretty much sneer at any religious beliefs anyway (I respect anyone's "right" to hold whatever belief they wish, their choice, their problem, but bring that belief in any way into the public domain and, unless it can be rationally justified [I've yet to hear of one that can], then at that point they absolutely deserve all the criticism they get).

Welcome to the forum.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I find it funny when Ross Noble is saying "If you're religious you're a dickhead...", "I'll respect your right to be a dickhead, but..." etc, etc lol; on his Fizzy logic DVD, live in Australia.

There might be a clip of it on youtube :p

Oh, and greetings bhavv - I like the bit about the Pastafarian holiday as an atheist haha
And yeah, as Kyu says - saying such things about Jesus to a theist might not be the best way to engage with them; to each his own I guess though lol.
Welcome here, hope you will enjoy the forum!
Hi & welcome Bhavv.

Go suck on Dawkin's.... Wink
(April 26, 2009 at 5:47 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Hi & welcome Bhavv.

Go suck on Dawkin's.... Wink

See, it doesnt actually offend me, it just makes me laugh Smile.

I respect peoples rights to practice their religion as long as Im not dragged into or have to watch it. At the same time, I have the right to believe that religion is a mental disorder that needs curing.

Bradford is just Muslim heaven, and its kind of a law here to have to respect religion because of them, but a lot of them hate and dont have any respect for non muslims anyway.

Islam is a poison, and it is spreading throughout europe far too quickly.
Quote:Islam is a poison, and it is spreading throughout europe far too quickly.

I find that to be kind of racist to say and paranoid acctually.

I'm against all religion more or less. But I can't say that islam is more danerous then christianity. Also is it not spreading as you claim, that is just a parnoid thing to say.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New guy here Roykok 8 1101 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New guy DarkerEnergy 21 2175 January 18, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello, new guy here Casca 13 2121 October 14, 2016 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A new guy SuperSlayer 17 1948 July 2, 2016 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Spirian
  New Guy Here. Hello. The Atheist 27 3161 March 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm
  New Guy on the Block Rebel 9 1737 October 16, 2015 at 10:01 pm
  Anti-theist here League_God 25 3783 October 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New guy Muad·Dib 39 6774 July 19, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hello! New guy on the block here~~~ Preston Tsunami 11 1637 April 30, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  New Guy Here! GuardianAtheist 19 2402 April 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: ajarnfalang