Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explain your username
Explain your username
There was a thread about this over a year ago, but it has remained untouched for a long, long time.Tongue So I decided to make a new one! Big Grin

The explanation for my username is simple: it's my first name.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
RE: Explain your username
My most used word - also my mentality with which I approach life.
Brevity is the soul of wit.
My username is also taken from my own name, though I wish it was as catchy as yours. My real name is Steven (though I prefer Steve or Ste) and when my now-nearly-23-year-old nephew was a little'un, he used to pronounce it as 'Steebum', or more formally 'Uggle Steebum'. Years later and his little sister arrives, and we tell her what her brother used to call me when he was her age. Filtered again through the mind of a child, 'Steebum' got rendered as the charming 'Steambum' before evolving into 'Stimbo'.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
aleia (uh-lee-uh)- what i wished my name was since i was a little girl, and the name of my 5 year old daughter. (Ali for short)

combined with my "professional" Wink name, which is aloura.

My first name is actually Frances. Thumb Down

I go by my middle name, which is Leigh.

That's so cute, Stimbo Smile

My middle name is Michelle, and being that it's the feminine form of Michael and I'm a huge Mike Patton fan, it seemed appropriate.
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
Mine dates back to when I first got online. It wasn't long after I'd become an atheist and I joined a forum. The first names I tried had all been taken. Since I was reading a lot of science books in an attempt to catch up after years of fundamentalist christianty, I tried combinations using the word science and Sciwoman was the one that wasn't taken. On some other sites I use the name Ayaan in honor of Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin

"Much better to have the ability to think critically, than the ability to quote scripture. One says you have a functioning mind. The other says you're a parrot." -- The Secular Buddhist
Explain your username
I have an unnatural obsession with cornflakes.
This is my buddy Holland Popeye. AKA Pops, Big Guy, Handsome Boy, and Oh My God What is That Smell.

[Image: HappyPopsSquare.jpg]

I am his Pappy therefore I am PopeyesPappy.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Kılıç means sword in Turkish.
Mehmet is my name.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Pretty much says it all, I think.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does your username mean? vulcanlogician 46 2734 February 11, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1517 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Can Someone Explain This To Me? Jade-Green Stone 16 1489 November 28, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your username in meme form! ignoramus 45 3096 June 23, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Joods
  Give the person above you a new username. Foxaèr 372 27285 June 22, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  My username change Foxaèr 41 6045 May 1, 2018 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Joods
  New username suggestions Foxaèr 33 3361 April 2, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My username Alexmahone 9 1321 March 22, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Unless she changed her username... Foxaèr 7 924 March 1, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Losty
  Explain This #2: The Mandela Effect GrandizerII 11 1770 February 2, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman