Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
11 reasons god doesn't exist.
11 reasons god doesn't exist.
Don't quote me on this stuff. I copied it! But it makes sense!

1. There is no Geological proof of the great flood.

2. Adam and Eve could not have existed because fossil records CLEARLY show that dinosaurs and earlier forms of life came 3 BILLION years before humans.

3. Evolution has shown that we developed from apes, we haven't just stayed the same.

4. The fact that there are religions older than Christianity, why would Jesus come only recently, when humans have existed for roughly 2 Million years.

5. 'Angels' and messengers from God seem to only have appeared 2000 years ago, and very frequently, why don't they anymore?

6. There are bad things in the world, why doesn't God stop them, if he loves us with all his heart? Letting someone suffer relentlessly, when you have the power to stop the pain easily, is not love.

7. A woman cannot have a baby and still be a virgin, simple as that.

8. There are things that ARE impossible, even to God, such as: you cannot add 2 and 2 to equal 198, you cannot take 6 away from 2 without equalling a negative number.

9. If god is so forgiving, why did he create a hell?

10. Why are children born dead, and with diseases and disabilities, they didn't do anything wrong did they?

And if you still are not convinced, here is the big whammy:

11. IF GOD CAN DO ANYTHING, CAN HE BUILD A ROCK SO HEAVY, THAT EVEN HE CAN'T CARRY?
To do such a thing is impossible if he can do anything, because if he can't lift the rock, he can't do everything, therefore the Bible is wrong, therefore God is not real.
[Image: siguf.jpg]
RE: 11 reasons god doesn't exist.
*sigh*

Whilst 1-10 might be reasons to doubt the validity of Christianity, none of them disprove the existence of God.

#11 is a logical fallacy known as a loaded question. Please don't use it. Also, it does not follow that "the Bible is wrong" means "God does not exist".
(January 13, 2012 at 9:22 am)Braveheart Wrote: 11. IF GOD CAN DO ANYTHING, CAN HE BUILD A ROCK SO HEAVY, THAT EVEN HE CAN'T CARRY?
To do such a thing is impossible if he can do anything, because if he can't lift the rock, he can't do everything, therefore the Bible is wrong, therefore God is not real.

God answered that one:

Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
"The bible is wrong" would absolutely mean that the christian god, specifically, doesn't exist. Rinse and repeat with all the rest. Arguing deism and then naming it Jehovah just for the hell of it is complete bullshit. Theistic gods are absolute trash, every single one of them. The deist's god is a functional non-entity. Theistic gods have evidence aligned against them, deist's gods have no evidence behind them. So where does that leave us?

Hardliners on either side might retort with "what evidence could there be and how would we find it?" I challenge you to imagine a god for which there would be no material evidence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That is quite an interesting jump, from "he can't do everything" to "therefore the Bible is wrong". Once again, I never wrote this!
[Image: siguf.jpg]
God doesn't exist because there's not one iota of credible evidence to show that he does. Simple as that.

The arguments above are good but any Christian apologist will simply poo-poo them away.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(January 13, 2012 at 11:14 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: God doesn't exist because there's not one iota of credible evidence to show that he does. Simple as that.

That argument is illogical.
You know its funny, I prepared a lengthy response about how its senseless trying to disprove God when the concept is so meaningless and incoherent...

...ah who cares?

*Apatheist hat on*
(January 13, 2012 at 11:14 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: God doesn't exist because there's not one iota of credible evidence to show that he does. Simple as that.

The Higgs boson comes to mind.

Quote:I challenge you to imagine a god for which there would be no material evidence.

Or a god which is the material evidence Thinking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant
Brevity is the soul of wit.
(January 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm)Perhaps Wrote:

The Higgs boson comes to mind.

Sometimes incredulity is simply not enough and we are forced to resort to astonishment!

[Image: astonishment.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My god doesn't owe you an explaination! T.J. 22 2136 November 29, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Prophecy doesn't make sense zwanzig 26 2486 March 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23713 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4804 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 83953 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2235 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11073 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4615 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Could Hell exist? Europa! 20 4572 September 16, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Answers to "if god did not exist" Foxaèr 25 8912 June 2, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Cyberman