Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexual Parents and their Children
Homosexual Parents and their Children
So I think we're all fairly well aware of the right-wing's attacks on homosexuality in general but in few places does it pertain more to the everyday lives of gay people more than the decision to raise children.

After all, the pope condemned homosexuality a threat to the very future of humanity and Presidential Hopeful and full time religiion wingnut Rick Santorum famously stated that it's better to have a father in prison than a pair of loving and caring lesbian parents.

Not only that, but many state legislatures just don't think that the right to parenthood extends to gay people.

This is a sad truth of the state of the world and while we're always making strides toward equality for all humans, including gay people, there are still many who would relegate them to a second-class social status despite the fact that gay people are still people who can bring so very much to the social table.

Well.... FUCK THOSE GUYS. Science once again proves that stupid people are still stupid.

Huff Post: Science Wrote:In a 2010 review of virtually every study on gay parenting, New York University sociologist Judith Stacey and University of Southern California sociologist Tim Biblarz found no differences between children raised in homes with two heterosexual parents and children raised with lesbian parents.

That's not even the half of it. Check out the article. It'll make you want to hug gay parents (or heterosexual parents) who did manage to adopt a kid.

The comments have restored a little of my faith in humanity as welll.

ARGH28 Wrote:Nurturing tolerance is what scares conservati­ves the most. They could care less if the child is raised in a happy, healthy environmen­t- what they want is children indoctrina­ted into religion and fear, and taught from a young age who they should be intolerant of, because conservati­ves need to prey on that brainwashi­ng once they become adults.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
RE: Homosexual Parents and their Children
Gay people do bitch allot though and some like to rub their gayness in your face. But I don't much like the fact people have problems with them raising children.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Quote:But I don't much like the fact people have problems with them raising children.

Well,I could not care less about the personal prejudices of others,none of my business, UNLESS they manage to impose those prejudices on the rest of society. That IS my business,and it makes me livid.Angry

(January 17, 2012 at 5:00 pm)JohnDG Wrote: Gay people do bitch allot though and some like to rub their gayness in your face. But I don't much like the fact people have problems with them raising children.

SOME gay people bitch a lot,as do some straight people. Most do not..
Quote:SOME gay people bitch a lot,as do some straight people. Most do not..

Women are women, no matter what gender. Tongue
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Only people I've had to hear bitch in a week have been (supposedly) straight men.

We're people: we bitch.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5295 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9586 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1014 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Palestinian rock throwing, but isnt that against their religion? Kimbi 1 509 September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1637 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fools And Their Money! Minimalist 10 1060 May 18, 2018 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Finally Fox [Faux] News is being called out for their shit NuclearEnergy 3 1450 December 16, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1301 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Fucking Xtians Promptly Putting Their Hands Out Minimalist 17 3471 September 6, 2017 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  What are those die hard Trump defenders getting in return for their loyalty? NuclearEnergy 16 4763 July 12, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope