Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Wine o'clock discussions'
Rainbow 
'Wine o'clock discussions'
The Back History.....

January 23 2012......

Today's discussion centred on how well religion is producing atheists via religious schools and their incipient indoctrination programs. We both have a plethora of 'anecdotal evidence' to support the hypothesis that the majority of peoples who go through the 'religious schools' graduate to become atheists or raging socio-psychopaths.

1. the religious consider sex, nakedness and masturbation as sin
2. should some poor person actually 'believe this nonsense' they may be party to the contributing number that leads to the escalation of rape and violent crimes numbers
3. the current insurgence of socio-psychopathic CEO's is a result of such early training
4. that the elevation of the mind at the expense of the body is detrimental to a stable person and a threat to society in general
5. thank you religion for your contribution to the "violent order" you have imposed on our planet to date and continue to do so.
6. Santorum has just screwed his viability as a potential presidential candidate by adhering to the religious mores. aka the humiliation and subjugation of women in the name of religion.

The overall out come...

Listen to your body. It has a wisdom that the mind cannot comprehend (thanks to religion). You think your mind is in control?? Then try to stop breathing. Hormones raging?? Then masturbate! Feeling a bit horny?? Then do something about it with a willing partner.

Your mind does not like you body...your body does not like your mind but somehow to achieve a balanced individual these two must work together.
so stop living below your waist and think that you really live in your mind. This is hypocritical and can lead to an amount of health and mental issues.

So in conclusion...religion is so hell bent on separating the mind from the body it should be brought to the Hague as "Crimes against Humanity"

Your thoughts??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: 'Wine o'clock discussions'
I was hoping for a thread that we can come to whilst drunk and ramble. Not that I don't do that with most other threads though.
Cunt
Reminds me of a lyric from the band Tool: 'Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.'
It goes deeper than that ...
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Cool lyric nonetheless, no?
Heard it long before you were born my sweet DvFie. It is encouraging that it has not been lost.
That lyric wasn't made before my birth. I'm 23, not 10.
(January 23, 2012 at 10:50 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: That lyric wasn't made before my birth. I'm 23, not 10.

And I am 55. These sentiments are not new, but it is nice to think that each generation revisits them and treats them as such
Yes but the song that that lyric is from is not as old as me.
The sentiments are ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The only wine I like..... Brian37 21 1222 March 10, 2019 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Can See Dumping God....But Wine? Minimalist 0 368 June 27, 2017 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I need to buy an alarm clock. Brian37 10 3081 June 1, 2017 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  It's 7 O'clock. Have YOU Said HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Stimbo Yet? Rhondazvous 43 3993 September 10, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Index of great threads and my favourite discussions robvalue 17 7452 December 2, 2015 at 11:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Real life discussions never again Gilgamesh 20 5941 October 12, 2013 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Discussions with Zen KichigaiNeko 5 1544 September 23, 2013 at 8:01 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Lighthearted discussions~ Also Canada Violet 9 3455 July 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Geek clock fr0d0 11 3378 February 27, 2010 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Ashes1995