Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Supreme Court rules that GPS Monitoring without a warrant is unconstitutional!
US Supreme Court rules that GPS Monitoring without a warrant is unconstitutional!
Victory! http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/01...ps-ruling/
RE: US Supreme Court rules that GPS Monitoring without a warrant is unconstitutional!
This is great news, but, why the fuck did it get to the Supreme Court, it was obviously unconstitutional to begin with, wasn't it?
RE: US Supreme Court rules that GPS Monitoring without a warrant is unconstitutional!
The Obama administration didn't seem to think so. They've been installing GPS trackers on people's cars for years without them knowing.
Oh right, Jesus, when does the US Government not ignore the Constitution? Seems like it's more of a 'guideline'. That's such a disgusting invasion. Urgh, probably why i'm becoming far more socially liberal.
Socially liberal FTW.
(January 23, 2012 at 2:56 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: This is great news, but, why the fuck did it get to the Supreme Court, it was obviously unconstitutional to begin with, wasn't it?

Because lower courts disagreed.

The reliance on a 1983 decision about beepers was a stretch. Of course, law has a hard time keeping up with technology in any case.
Well about fucking time. Why they don't just stop with this counter-terrorism bullshit in the first place.... L'sigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chqi8m4CEEY

Wheee Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Good. 'bout time.
I didn't even know there was a case like this going to the Supreme Court, but I'm glad they ruled the way they did. I mean, it's not like it's really all that hard to get a search warrant, anyway. All it takes is a judge who believes whatever the cops tell him.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
'Bout time the Supreme Court did something good!
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social democracy in Europe without 5 minutes Interaktive 1 592 January 3, 2023 at 4:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Innocence is not enough for the Supreme Court... Rev. Rye 7 512 May 27, 2022 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Navalny’s speech from court Fake Messiah 3 236 February 5, 2021 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4209 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 2023 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Expanding The Supreme Court onlinebiker 94 4042 September 30, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  UK Supreme Court: Suspending Parliament was unlawful zebo-the-fat 6 602 September 25, 2019 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Lindsey Graham - Without McCain He's Just One More Pussy Minimalist 4 1434 September 1, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The WLB's Next Supreme Court Pick? Minimalist 0 458 March 15, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Supreme Court Cases (and other interesting cases) - A Thread! TheRealJoeFish 11 3612 June 2, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish