Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does God ---- Do unto others?

There are many instances in scriptures where God does not follow the golden rule.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

In the sacrifice of Jesus, God demanded that Jesus bear the sins of the wicked who will repent.

This is hardly doing unto others or following the advice of scriptures.
----------------------------------
Matthew 25:41 (Jesus speaking): Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hell can hardly be called a good thing. This again is hardly Jesus doing unto others or following the advice of scriptures.
-----------------------------------

Does the God you know follow the golden rule?

How can he be doing so when a good God would find a good and moral way to convert instead the draconian methods he seems to use that go against the golden rule and his own good advice in his scriptures?

Regards
DL
RE: Does God ---- Do unto others?
God's philosophy is, 'do as I say, not as I do.'
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
To be fair, the whole jesus is god, but is actually the son, but fathered himself by having an extramarital affair with his own mother whilst joseph watched thing means that the first part about god not following the rule in ezekiel 18 would be invalid.
(January 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father

That's why God made all of us be born with Original sin. I tried using this in an argument with a fundie once to explain why I shouldn't be held accountable for what Adam & Eve supposedly did. They pretty much just ignored it.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(January 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm)Faith No More Wrote: God's philosophy is, 'do as I say, not as I do.'

A good thing is some ways.
We have had enough of genocides.

Regards
DL
(January 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm)Faith No More Wrote: God's philosophy is, 'do as I say, not as I do.'

..and that is how fundies will argue it, except not so bluntly. They will speak of nebulous crap such as "God operates on a higher plane of goodness than we mortals do."
(January 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father

That's why God made all of us be born with Original sin. I tried using this in an argument with a fundie once to explain why I shouldn't be held accountable for what Adam & Eve supposedly did. They pretty much just ignored it.

Been there friend.

They are good at doing that with anything that their dogma does not agree with. Bible be damned. Dogma is what is important.

Regards
DL
(January 23, 2012 at 7:25 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:

..and that is how fundies will argue it, except not so bluntly. They will speak of nebulous crap such as "God operates on a higher plane of goodness than we mortals do."

As they ignore where the bible tells them to be exactly as their God is.

What a waste of good human minds.

Regards
DL
(January 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:

This shows me you guys have no concept of justice, you want it your way, you want to change things to suit you, just like the evolutionary scientist do with the theory of evolution. When new things do not fit their ideas they change the thing to fit their idea.
As far as the point GIa is trying to make.... well let's just say there is no point, only ignorance of truth, justice and scriptures.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:This shows me you guys have no concept of justice, you want it your way, you want to change things to suit you, just like the evolutionary scientist do with the theory of evolution
LOL, you crack me the fuck up...

Hey GC, I cant help but notice that you have no concept of justice, seing that you ignore the Quran and Allah.
Quote:well let's just say there is no point, only ignorance of truth, justice and scriptures.
Nothing screams "ignorance" to me more than scriptures, especially the book of Job where god is bragging to Job that only GOD knows how far down the foundations of the world goes.
(January 23, 2012 at 8:23 pm)Godschild Wrote: This shows me you guys have no concept of justice, you want it your way, you want to change things to suit you, just like the evolutionary scientist do with the theory of evolution. When new things do not fit their ideas they change the thing to fit their idea.
As far as the point GIa is trying to make.... well let's just say there is no point, only ignorance of truth, justice and scriptures.

ROFLOL Oh, really? I had no idea that the vaccines I took WHICH SCIENTISTS MADE didn't work. I guess I'm really dieing of Spanish Influenza right now. *cough*

Hey, here's news for you Godschild. You need new vaccines periodically because viruses evolve over time. Since scientists are correct about evolution, they can make the new vaccines which save your sorry ass from all manner of diseases.

Scientists have given you everything you have, and yet you demean them. Feel proud of yourself now, kiddo?
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5147 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1685 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 14992 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18412 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3074 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2670 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14248 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why Does God Need So Much Praise? Rhondazvous 57 8469 April 24, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Ignorant apologetics aside, your god does not exist. Foxaèr 10 2510 April 16, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  The Christian God Does Violate Human Free Will Rhondazvous 85 10370 March 5, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous