Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recipe's & Cooking
Recipe's & Cooking
I don't know about you guys but I find cooking great fun, and quite relaxing. I thought if anyone else was interested we might exchange a couple of quick and easy recipes (feel free to bash in some atheist meal titles)! Being a student I've come up with one or two ;-)

Devil Flying Spaghetti Monster BologneseDevil ;

Let me know what you think!

Sam
"We need not suppose more things to exist than are absolutely neccesary." William of Occam

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare (Measure for Measure: Act 1, Scene 4)

AgnosticAtheist
RE: Recipe's & Cooking
I know one!

STEP 1: get a bowl
STEP 2: get a spoon
STEP 3: get milk
Step 4: get cereal
Step 5: fill bowl with half milk and half cereal
Step 6: eat with spoon

Cool Shades
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
@Sam

Here's one I use lot because I'm lazy and love spicy food. I call this method "fast braising"

I use chicken fillets (you could use small chicken pieces,but it would take longer) or beef.

You will need:

Large to medium frying pan (I use electric pan)

One medium onion,cut in half and sliced thinly

1 or 2 cloves or garlic if liked.

1/2 pound (250gms per person) of Chicken or beef cut into thinish slices.

About 1 table spoon Olive,peanut or canola oil.

About 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce. .

About 4 tablespoons (more if you like) of SWEET Thai chilli sauce.

Enough water to cover the meat and onion.

That's the basic ingredients. You can also add a range of finely diced vegetables. I cook the vegetables separately. Goes well with rice or potato.(or just bread)

METHOD:

Heat the pan to a moderate hear.

Add onions,and garlic,stir briefly.Add mead and stir for about 30 seconds only.Add soy and chilli sauce,stir in quickly,and add water.

Raise heat heat on the pan until the water begins to boil.Allow to bubble with reasonable vigour. Cook for about 15 minutes,until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce or virtually none leaving the meat glazed.. You may need to add more water if it reduces too quickly.Allow 25-30 minutes if using chicken pieces with bones.

Time taken should be not less than 15 minutes, not more than 20 minutes. WARNING: keep an eye on this: If it dries right out,it WILL burn; the chilli sauce contains palm sugar

Serve immediately.

This dish also works well with any kind of currie past (about 1 tablespoon,depending on how hot you like) instead of soy and chilli sauce.

If you like that,I have authentic recipe for a solid,basic spaghetti bolognaise.
Tuna Mix is nice Smile

Simple enough ... pasta (obviously atheist), green and red peppers chopped very small, a tin of tuna in water or brine (you can also add chopped onions if you wish) and mix together with mayonnaise to your personal taste.

I prefer it cold but my daughter (The Tuna Queen) prefers it hot.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I want to post something swedish without the sterotype recipes like meatballs or something like that. I could give a recepe of my families verision of Ris à la Malta. Will check out the recepe first, you can see it here on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_puddin..._countries.

It's nothign to do with Malta if you wonder it come from the dansih Risalamande which come from the frensh Riz à l'amande.

However it's acctually something we eat the day after christmas which is the 25th. From the leftovers from the risgrynsgröt, which also is mentioned in the article above.

It's really, and I mean really, tasteful. I will post the recepe when I can. But I promise that it's really good.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Quote:However it's actually something we eat the day after christmas which is the 25th

Actually,I think you'll find the day after Xmas is December 26.Cool Shades
Is it? FUCK I've been having Christmas on Christmas EVE every year for my whole life!

Bah, who gives a shit it's only stupid tradition!
Christmas eve = Dec 24th
Christmas day = Dec 25th
Day after Christmas = Dec 26th

lol Smile
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
(May 10, 2009 at 8:06 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:However it's actually something we eat the day after christmas which is the 25th

Actually,I think you'll find the day after Xmas is December 26.Cool Shades

We celebrate christmas the 24th. but your right the 25 is called the christmas day, even thought we don't celebrate the holiday then. It's just a day to relax and prepare to eat more food after eating yourself uncouinsess the day before.

THe reason why we celbrate christmas (which is called Jul here from the old nordic word Yule) is because it come from the nordic pagan feast with the same name. At the time scandinavians believed in Tor and those other cool fellas.

Much better times. They also had much more awesome superpowers then Jesus or God. Also were there very many of them so they would outnumber and kick Jesus ass any day in the week.Big Grin I mean they did that to giants which where not a easy opponent.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
We call the day before Christmas Eve (the 23rd) Christmas ADAM in this house (Adam & Eve) lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recipe: Not Sure Where to Put This ABQ505 2 291 December 10, 2021 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: ABQ505
  Cooking vs Restaurants Spongebob 107 5807 September 19, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ostrich Egg Omelette Recipe South African Style WinterHold 20 1287 January 10, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Cooking Tips BrianSoddingBoru4 64 3083 November 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2522 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
  What are you cooking/eating right now? Joods 1249 75500 December 18, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheist Forums Recipe Book Shell B 44 8680 November 14, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Recipe Book BrokenQuill92 6 1451 November 13, 2017 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Cooking Morel Mushrooms Mechaghostman2 3 798 May 12, 2017 at 5:52 am
  I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store WisdomOfTheTrees 1 740 February 5, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire