Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for MacBook Pro problem?
Advice for MacBook Pro problem?
So for some reason my MacBook Pro has decided to mess with me and is freezing almost as soon as I log in. It boots fine, loads the OS ok, but once I log in it freezes.

I managed to get a (very very very slow) SSH connection to it, and the Dock was eating up 80% of the processing power. Killing it does nothing since it just spawns a new process.

Suggestions most welcome.
RE: Advice for MacBook Pro problem?
Throw holy water at it.
Cunt
Already tried that. Unfortunately I only have a small vial of Steve Jobs' tears so I don't want to use them all up on one thing.
Oh dear, you have made a mistake. It is his semen you need.
Cunt
(January 28, 2012 at 4:55 pm)Tiberius Wrote: So for some reason my MacBook Pro has decided to mess with me and is freezing almost as soon as I log in. It boots fine, loads the OS ok, but once I log in it freezes.

I managed to get a (very very very slow) SSH connection to it, and the Dock was eating up 80% of the processing power. Killing it does nothing since it just spawns a new process.

Suggestions most welcome.

My mom's old, old G4 iMac was doing something similar a while back. I had to start it up while holding a button down (apple key?) to get it in it's recovery / repair mode. From there I rebuilt the permissions & scanned the hard disk. Seemed to fix it.

Of course it was a G4, may be completely different issue for an Intel Mac.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Antivirus: use it.

Shoulda bought a PC Wink

SERIOUS ANSWER:

Try the internet.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...8&oe=UTF-8
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Rebuilding permissions helped. Thanks Big Grin
(February 1, 2012 at 7:20 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Rebuilding permissions helped. Thanks Big Grin

Cool deal.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire TV advice, please. Gawdzilla Sama 22 2115 November 8, 2018 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Advice Sought for Web Programming AFTT47 13 3266 April 4, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Need Some Advice (New Phone) Cleo 5 1344 February 19, 2015 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Kid Killed my MacBook festive1 36 6323 October 19, 2013 at 4:37 am
Last Post: mathew