Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, the Romneys Converted Mitt’s Dead Atheist Father-in-Law to Mormonism
Yes, the Romneys Converted Mitt’s Dead Atheist Father-in-Law to Mormonism
http://gawker.com/5879888/yes-the-romney...-mormonism

When I was reading this article I for a second seriously thought about converting to Mormonism. So that some Mormon will not baptised on my behalf after I die.

Look at all these people who have been baptised as Mormon after their deaths, http://famousdeadmormons.com/
undefined
RE: Yes, the Romneys Converted Mitt’s Dead Atheist Father-in-Law to Mormonism
George Carlin is rolling in his grave.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
More disgust coming from the Romney zombie camp. Fucking grotesque.
Trying to update my sig ...
Makes you wonder how soon the great country of north america will feature a member of "witch doctors for Jesus" as commander in chief of it's nuclear arsenal.
Once again, the morons...sorry, mormons, are not as different from other jesus peddlers when it comes to their bullshit.

Quote:Orthodox Christians have the habit of claiming all great men, all men who have held important positions, men of reputation, men of wealth. As soon as the funeral is over clergymen begin to relate imaginary conversations with the deceased, and in a very little while the great man is changed to a Christian -- possibly to a saint.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Religious Belief of Abraham Lincoln"

Ingersoll died in 1899 so this phenomena has been noted for a while.
That is disgusting.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
A few years ago there was outrage from a large number of Jews. It turned out that the Mormons had baptised large numbers of deceased Holocaust victims,among MILLIONS of others.

Their habit of baptising dead people is why the LDS church has the world's largest private genetic data base.( I think computer access is free)

This has also upset a lot of Romney's potential voters. Me? I think it's hilarious.

Quote:Mitt Romney's problem with evangelical Christian voters has been well documented.

But as the Republican presidential nomination fight heats up in Florida, a Mormon rite that leaves many Jews seething could prove awkward for the candidate in a state that's home to more Jewish people than any other besides New York and California.

The religious rite is proxy baptism for the dead. According to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormon Church, these posthumous "blessings" are intended to "save" ancestors and others who weren't baptized in life or were baptized "without proper authority."

A Mormon may propose the baptism of another person posthumously. Church members have performed the ritual on Buddha, Catholic popes, 9/11 hijackers, William Shakespeare, Joan of Arc, Elvis Presley, President Obama's mother and even reportedly Jesus Christ. In 2002, the managing director of the Mormon's family and church history department told The New Yorker magazine that as many as 200 million dead people had been baptized as Mormons

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25...29322.html
Just sounds like more 'communistic - we know what is best for you' bullshit.

Could this be proof that the dead are dead and not living in some after life that only the living are worried about??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
What is supposed to be the point of this exercise in futility???

Cancel that, this is religion afterall.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Just like how Darwin supposedly repented on his death bed. I'm sure 10 years from now we'll be hearing from Christians how Christopher Hitchens repented on his death bed & found Jesus at the last minute.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The hearings and a matter of law. Brian37 0 222 June 29, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5959 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4360 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  LAW and CIVILIZATION senorlegalo 64 4837 January 19, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2526 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3401 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Athiestforum.org is a terrorist hole; accrding to new Saudi law. Human Rights Watch WinterHold 16 3210 November 24, 2017 at 5:51 pm
  Yes, Feinstein Should Retire Minimalist 13 1536 October 18, 2017 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Yes, Progressives. No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 12 1454 August 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What Is This All Men Are Equal Under The Law Shit? Minimalist 10 3394 May 24, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy