Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disturbed Theist Calls The Atheist Experience
Disturbed Theist Calls The Atheist Experience

Rape-Denial/Pro-Rape advocation...Just wow...this is your brain on religion, kids.
RE: Disturbed Theist Calls The Atheist Experience
Wow..." rape is impossible.. because I'm a man..." this guys needs to checked out by a mental helath professional if it wasn't all POE to start.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
JEsus, I never thought I could find a guy whose position on Rape is even worse than Michael Crook's. At least he offered a rationale, even if it is a bullshit one.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Are we sure that guy was a theist? I didn't notice any mention of religion.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Rape is impossible, therefore abortion should be illegal?
Wow... people like that need to be sent to prison for a while so they can see how "impossible" rape really is. I have a feeling they'll change their mind after they're walking funny for a while.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Hmmm
Even the Bible says rape is possible it just says its OK under some circumstances, and not generally that big a deal.

Just pay the victim's father 50 shekels and she becomes your bride, or something like that.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(January 31, 2012 at 3:06 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Just pay the victim's father 50 shekels and she becomes your bride, or something like that.

Only if she wasn't engaged and there was a witness. Otherwise, the penalty is death.

(January 31, 2012 at 10:19 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Rape is impossible, therefore abortion should be illegal?
It's more complicated than that:
1) The caller is a man.
2) Rape is Impossible
3) Roe v. Wade is invalid because Norma McCorvey wasn't raped (just why this should matter when the decision made it legal on demand federally I have no idea.)

Even Michael Crook's
1) In an ideal world, everyone would defend their virtue to the death
2) If someone survives rape, they failed to defend it.
3) Therefore, all "rape victims" were asking for it, even if they're newborns.
argument made some sort of logical sense, even if the premises were absolute bullshit.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Don't forget the other point he made, basically that since Norma McCorvey is now against abortion, that Roe v. Wade should be overturned.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 714 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 2614 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Temporal lobe epilepsy & religious experience. Jehanne 80 5067 March 20, 2022 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 2796 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Foxaèr 54 9143 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 16721 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 2994 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 1866 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5424 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7806 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished