Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:39 am

Poll: Is this a true Christian?
This poll is closed.
Yes
87.50%
14 87.50%
No
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a true Christian?
Is this a true Christian?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImdXvFB1...re=related

It's worth watching the entire video before you make your decision.

PS - I came face to face with this guy in Washigton DC at the Godless American's March on washington.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godless_Ame...Washington
RE: Is this a true Christian?
Typical Christian lunatic! We have some here on this forum doing the same exact thing, but behind the distance and safety wall of the internet. Looked like he had rehearsed his script and repeated the same few lines over and over again. Wish I was there, bashing his face.
Hell, I've never met a "true xtian," but this guy fits right in with what I would call the "common xtian." He's a total tool, utterly ignorant, repetitive, arrogant, obnoxious, and dressed like a dork.
Trying to update my sig ...
Just imagine what would happen if you stood outside most US Christian gatherings and loudly preached that there was no god and that Christians were idiots with tiny little brains (look at his sign).

You would be lucky to walk away with just a broken nose yet those 'atheists' just tried to talk to him. What does that tell us?

The only raised voice was a woman when he exposed his sign saying that women should not have the vote.
Anyone who believes Jesus to be their savior is a 'true' Christian regardless of whether they gravitate more towards the 'love thy neighbor' hippie Jesus or the murderous, hateful Yaweh. Whether or not someone is a 'true' Christian is only a distinction Christians make when someone uses their faith to propagate ideas they don't agree with, or when someone worships in a way they deem heretical.

So yes, this is a 'true' Christian.

Also, did anyone else get the feeling that the son was just merely going along with what his dad said out of fear? He seemed reluctant to be a part of that.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This poll is incomplete, there needs to be an "uhhh..." option.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
(February 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Anyone who believes Jesus to be their savior is a 'true' Christian regardless of whether they gravitate more towards the 'love thy neighbor' hippie Jesus or the murderous, hateful Yaweh. Whether or not someone is a 'true' Christian is only a distinction Christians make when someone uses their faith to propagate ideas they don't agree with, or when someone worships in a way they deem heretical.

So yes, this is a 'true' Christian.

Also, did anyone else get the feeling that the son was just merely going along with what his dad said out of fear? He seemed reluctant to be a part of that.

Not necessarily. The fucktard in the video is not following Jesus' lead, so, even among the nominally "true" xtians, this guy comes up two slices short of a manna sammich.
It is documented that when one is in such a state of denial of their true self, they lash out at others and accuse them of what they are feeling about themselves...that is the best I got other then that, the man has some serious issues.
(February 9, 2012 at 10:42 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Not necessarily. The fucktard in the video is not following Jesus' lead, so, even among the nominally "true" xtians, this guy comes up two slices short of a manna sammich.

renew Wrote:It is documented that when one is in such a state of denial of their true self, they lash out at others and accuse them of what they are feeling about themselves...that is the best I got other then that, the man has some serious issues.

I have to disagree. Whilst I do not accept a single thing he was saying (or believing) I didn't see him as any more deluded or ignorant than the majority of Christians. The prime difference is that he was brave enough to stand up and shout about it. You've got to admire him for that but at the same time you've got to laugh in his face and publicly express sympathy to his poor downtrodden wife and children. I wish I'd been there.

No, the children obviously didn't want to be there. It may have been fun trying to chat them up in front of him - especially if you were gayCool Shades
"You've got to admire him for that."

No, I don't-any more than I would have had to admire Hitler or the guys who destroyed the WTC. That is exactly the behavior I have to NOT admire, in fact.

Why do you wish you had been there?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89381 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2783 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2595 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4541 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 689 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5111 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11568 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  The problem with "One true church claim" by catholics Romney 8 2126 August 30, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  1 John 4:1 compared to The No True Scotsman Fallacy and sophisms Thomas Kelly252525 104 13504 June 20, 2016 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The ONLY true christian Foxaèr 28 5976 January 28, 2016 at 6:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus