Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How we found out Evolution is true
How we found out Evolution is true
Another (short) Ted lecture, which I found fascinating, and  hope some members will too.

He makes the interesting point that the scientific debate about Evolution was over by 1870. From that time until now, the international scientific community has simply accepted Evolution as fact.  There is no debate, except in the minds of the deeply ignorant and bloody minded dogmatic religious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18YwBwIK...jreload=10
RE: How we found out Evolution is true
If we evolved from chimps, why are there still chimps!
Checkmate atheist scum!

[Image: 2wsz75.jpg]
Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 23, 2019 at 11:34 pm)fredd bear Wrote: Another (short) Ted lecture, which I found fascinating, and  hope some members will too.

He makes the interesting point that the scientific debate about Evolution was over by 1870. From that time until now, the international scientific community has simply accepted Evolution as fact.  There is no debate, except in the minds of the deeply ignorant and bloody minded dogmatic religious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18YwBwIK...jreload=10

Good luck with that, and thanks for the compliment.
(March 24, 2019 at 12:15 am)ignoramus Wrote: If we evolved from chimps, why are there still chimps!
Checkmate atheist scum!

[Image: 2wsz75.jpg]
Big Grin

I'm assuming you'r taking the piss.

If not, perhaps go and read some Darwin.  There has ben no scientific debate on Evolution in the last 150 years.

We did NOT evolve FROM chimps, we are related and share some DNA. Like chimps and apes, humans are primates.IE a species of ape.

We are also related to pigs.
C'mon Fredd. Is an Aussie creatard even a thing?

I do agree about us being related to pigs though. Definitely on the inlaws side though! Hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Any similarity between chimps and creationists is an insult to the chimps. Razz
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Ta, fredd - you bring up a point that needs to be brought up loudly and often:  The current 'debate' about evolution isn't a scientific one.  It's a political one.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The chimps in their natural habitat exercise a strong natural power hierarchy dominated by the tyrannical patriarchy.
Which is why creationists need to be on the far left. Otherwise they're being hypocrites. Dunno

But we already knew they're hypocrites. carry on.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 24, 2019 at 8:15 pm)ignoramus Wrote: The chimps in their natural habitat exercise a strong natural power hierarchy dominated by the tyrannical patriarchy.
Which is why creationists need to be on the far left. Otherwise they're being hypocrites. Dunno

But we already knew they're hypocrites. carry on.

Chimps have also shown a capacity for cooperation and empathy.

--and theists think we are so damned special, because we have 'the divine spark' . We can't even say with certainty that we are the most advanced species on the planet.

For all I know, it could be dolphins.  Their  lack of need for artifacts could indicate a higher level of evolution for all I know. No ,I don't believe that to be the case, but can't prove that it is not.
(March 24, 2019 at 1:03 am)ignoramus Wrote: C'mon Fredd. Is an Aussie creatard even a thing?

I do agree about us being related to pigs though. Definitely on the inlaws side though! Hehe

Ken Ham.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2529 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4484 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  I've found God? ScienceAf 120 26958 October 8, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  St. Columba's hut found Foxaèr 43 13815 July 13, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 683 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5024 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11433 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  The problem with "One true church claim" by catholics Romney 8 2088 August 30, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 6962 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  1 John 4:1 compared to The No True Scotsman Fallacy and sophisms Thomas Kelly252525 104 12935 June 20, 2016 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda