Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My baby!
My baby!
I'm feeling naturalistically transcendent! I wish Purple Rabbit were here to see this post. He argued that we should take back the term "transcendant" and I told him that it was too mired in the pits of woo to ever be used without conotation with dualism. Anyway he asked me how I would explain the feeling of seeing my baby for the first time without using the term transcendant and I told him that maybe I would use the phrase naturalistically transcendent. So that is how I feel right now and I'm really happy. It was great seeing that grey, low res image and knowing that it was my baby. I can't wait to meet it and bitch at it for keeping me up nights.
RE: My baby!
Congrats Rhizo!! Heart

All the best to you and yours
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Wow, congrats, Rhizo. That's the stuff of life, methinks.
Quote:I can't wait to meet it and bitch at it for keeping me up nights.

Congrats....although they are notorious for not caring about keeping you up nights.
(February 13, 2012 at 8:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Congrats....although they are notorious for not caring about keeping you up nights.

That's the beauty of stepchildren. I got mine when he was four-years-old. He never once tried to crawl into bed with me. He only once woke me up Exorcist vomited on the floor. However, you do have to deal with their ungodly morning hours and their biological parents.

My cousin recently had to buy a bedside crib thingy because her son refuses to sleep in his crib.
We already have an 8 and 9 year old; they are my stepkids. Luckly the father is easy to deal with although I hate hearing about his "rights" as a parent when he refuses to put up any money on the kids. The two reasons I haven't put a stop to his visits are that 1. I like the KFWs and 2. the kids would be devestated to be seperated from thier dad. I also hate the deprogramming required every time we pick them up from thier dad.
I have been exactly where you are, though I suspect my son's biological mother had fewer "rights," as they were mostly taken from her without any help from me.
(February 13, 2012 at 8:42 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: I also hate the deprogramming required every time we pick them up from thier dad.

I'd hate to be that guy, but with that statement alone I think you're in dangerous territory, and separating them might later become in their best interest, regardless of the pain.

Never underestimate the logical contortions people give children to get them to parrot what they want.

That said, congratulations on successful continuation.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I'm not talking about religious deprogramming. He is just extremely permissive and he has no job so he spends every minute with them with no agenda so he lets them stay up super late and sleep in late. He doesn't make them do anything or even speak to him to get what they want. All this combines into the kids reverting to infantile behavior that we are trying to train out of them so they can be successful in life.

One of the worst things is that he takes no responsibility for being out of work so the way he discusses his joblessness with the kids makes them think that jobs are magic things that just happen by wishes and happenstance. My son actually told me how he wishes on stars for his daddy to get a job. GRRR It's all good I supppose because they will be around me most of the time and I tell them how the world really works. They are starting to get it and my son is starting to become less credulous and is employing evidence based thinking. Like when a kid at school tells him he used to be a pro-wrestler... he asks for pictures instead of just believing. The girl, well that is a different story.

She once told me about God and how he lives "up there" and watches us. I asked her who told her about that and she told me that she has just always known that. *sigh* Well, I'm certainly not going to train them to be atheists because that would give them something to rebel against or would just turn them into parrots. BRAACK "There is no God" "Christians are stupid" BRAACK
For fuck's sake, you have the twin of my psychopath. If he's also a convicted criminal with a borderline personality disorder, we should talk. Tongue

That's hard to contend with. It can eventually create parental alienation. However, you will get a smug sense of satisfaction when the kid actually needs something important, the daddy is standing right there and the kid goes to you. The kid might not realize it, the dad might not realize it, but you will. Knowing you are a pillar in someone's life is much more rewarding than knowing you're "fun."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baby pictures/Videos ect..... Brian37 12 846 December 7, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3563 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  BABY ON BOARD signs Bahana 97 10810 October 13, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Where things stand (baby news update from the geneticist) Catholic_Lady 17 2923 December 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Baby's First Hurricane rexbeccarox 35 3181 October 7, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  baby boy name. vote your fav! Catholic_Lady 94 7922 July 16, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: rado84
  saw my baby graduate Joods 28 2303 June 10, 2016 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Girls: Beard or Baby face? ErGingerbreadMandude 90 9043 May 5, 2016 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My new furry baby, Smokey. Whateverist 24 3049 October 16, 2015 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  My new furry baby, Smokey. Whateverist 0 573 October 16, 2015 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Whateverist