Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity and the 10 Commandments
Christianity and the 10 Commandments
How well does Christianity comply as a religion with the 10 Commandments they want to post everywhere?

Quote:Ex 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

QUESTIONABLE
Jesus is the mandatory intercessor with Yahweh (John 14:6). The "Trinity" was introduced as a way around this problem.

Quote:Ex 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image

QUESTIONABLE
Do crosses count?

Quote:Ex 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain

CHECK

Quote:Ex 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

FAIL
The Sabbath is on Saturday. The Christians moved it to Sunday.

Quote:Ex 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother:

FAIL
Christianity is the bastard child of Judaism and Paganism. This maladjusted offspring has always hated both parents and sought to destroy both.

Also, Jesus preached a disregard in family values in favor of worship of him.

Quote:Ex 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

FAIL

Quote:Ex 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

CHECK

Quote:Ex 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.

FAIL

Quote:Ex 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

FAIL

Quote:Ex 20:17 Thou shalt not covet

FAIL

I'm counting this as a score of 2 out of 10.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Christianity and the 10 Commandments
Wait...the adultery thing...are you just saying as something they profess to believe in...not something they actually practice?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
Quote:Ex 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

FAIL

How many people have died by the hands of Christianity again? Angel

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
Summer, I believe he is thinking in terms of the hypocrisy of Christianity itself, not Christians.
(February 15, 2012 at 5:07 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Wait...the adultery thing...are you just saying as something they profess to believe in...not something they actually practice?

I'm just not sure how a religion would go about committing adultery.

That the religion itself has inspired lies, murder and theft is obvious.
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
You're speaking in terms of inspiration or in terms of actually being contradictory from the word go? In other words, are you talking about actions committed in the name of Christianity or what their beliefs, as outlined in the Bible, are contradictory within that context? If the former, I'm afraid they are all null. I am sure someone used Christianity as an excuse to be adulterous. In fact, I think you can use "the devil made me do it" and have it still be a Christian excuse, as the devil is kind of their thing.
Ah, okay, maybe I was reading too quickly. I had a can of Sun Drop in the afternoon and it makes my reading comprehension go down several points.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
@ DP you seem to be condemning an institution in some parts and the people in other parts, so what's the point?
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(February 16, 2012 at 3:02 am)Godschild Wrote: @ DP you seem to be condemning an institution in some parts and the people in other parts, so what's the point?

The institution is inseparable from the people.

If you took away the people there would be no institution.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 16, 2012 at 7:32 am)Zen Badger Wrote: If you took away the people there would be no institution.

...and that is our goal, after all. Smile

@GC: That's why I'm talking about what the religion itself does, according to its own teachings.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4009 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 512 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11490 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19801 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4533 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10374 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christianity And Peace Der/die AtheistIn 12 2808 July 22, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 39768 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  are there different versions of the 10 commandments ? yampampuza 31 10210 April 21, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 6967 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus