Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitt Romney Stands up for Faith in God
Mitt Romney Stands up for Faith in God
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Tuesday that President Barack Obama's administration has "fought against religion" and sought to substitute a "secular" agenda for one grounded in faith.
Christian - A moron who believes that an all-benevolent God can simultaneously be a hateful jealous male-chauvinistic pig.
Wiccan - The epitome of cerebral evolution having mastered the magical powers of the universe and is in eternal harmony with the mind of God.
Atheist - An ill-defined term that means something different to everyone who uses it.
~~~~~
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Clearly Jesus (a fictitious character or otherwise) will forgive people if they merely know not what they do
For the Bible Tells us so!
RE: Mitt Romney Stands up for Faith in God
Yay, Obama.

But.

I wish he'd dispense with this 'god bless america' shit. It doesn't make the dolts like him any better and just makes him look as stupid as the republicunts to the rest of us.
The United States is supposed to be a secular country. Somebody needs to check their fucking constitution.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
Funny how the "strict constructionists" never seem to have read the damned thing, isn't it?
(February 21, 2012 at 11:45 pm)Abracadabra Wrote: Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Tuesday that President Barack Obama's administration has "fought against religion" and sought to substitute a "secular" agenda for one grounded in faith.

Uh, good?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(February 21, 2012 at 11:45 pm)Abracadabra Wrote: Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Tuesday that President Barack Obama's administration has "fought against religion" and sought to substitute a "secular" agenda for one grounded in faith.

I wish that were true.

Obama has continued the Faith Based Initiatives of Bush. I can't think of anything Obama has done to support the separation.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
I don't know this Mitt Romney but he sounds like a dick..
(February 22, 2012 at 1:40 am)AthiestAtheist Wrote: The United States is supposed to be a secular country. Somebody needs to check their fucking constitution.

Yeah. If the founders intended the USA to be a "Christian Nation," the preamble to the Constitution would be more like:

In the Name of the Most Holy Trinity, from Whom is all authority and to Whom, as our final end, all actions both of men and States must be referred, We, the people of the United States, Humbly acknowledging all our obligations to our Divine Lord, Jesus Christ, Who sustained our fathers through many years of trial [...] Do hereby adopt, enact, and give to ourselves this Constitution.

and not:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Insanity x Wrote:I don't know this Mitt Romney but he sounds like a dick..

He is an out of touch, disingenuous, wishy-washy multi-millionaire. The reason he is attacking Obama's "war on religion" is because he is pandering to the conservative base by talking about religion, only he can't pander in the usual way by telling everyone how religious he is since he is a Mormon. You see, Christian conservatives see Mormonism as a cult (an irony of epic proportions), so he can't pander to them with speeches about his faith, so he goes for the next best thing which is Obama's "war on religion."

And yes, he is a dick.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 22, 2012 at 10:51 am)Insanity x Wrote: I don't know this Mitt Romney but he sounds like a dick..

I was going to say pretty much the same thing. Beat me to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5952 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 415 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bernie Sanders stands up to religious bigot. Mechaghostman2 4 982 June 12, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  No Wonder Romney Won't Endorse Him. Minimalist 5 1355 October 7, 2016 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Mitt Romney considering a Libertarian Party endorsement? ReptilianPeon 9 1440 August 1, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Rich Motherfucker - Is This One Of Romney's 47%? Minimalist 6 1717 October 21, 2014 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Heywood
  Does Faith = Hate? Raven 18 2877 November 15, 2013 at 7:48 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Now That Romney Has Crashed and Burned.... Minimalist 11 3410 October 31, 2013 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: freedomfromforum
  Gillard's bizarre act of faith leaves vulnerable unprotected Date January 14, 2013 KichigaiNeko 0 1140 January 14, 2013 at 7:48 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Romney's 100 mil tax dodge Brian37 12 5167 November 6, 2012 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Violet