Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney's 100 mil tax dodge
Romney's 100 mil tax dodge
WHY HASN'T THIS STORY GOTTEN MORE PRESS?

ROMNEY DOGES 100 MIL IN TAXES http://electoral-vote.com/ scroll down for full story link.

AND SPREAD THE WORD OBAMA SUPPORTERS IN SWING STATES, GET OUT AND VOTE. NC AND VA BACK TO TIE.
RE: Romney's 100 mil tax dodge
There will be much drinking and nail biting in my house tomorrow night as the election results come in... All interested parties should meet up in the chatroom. With the kiddos, I won't be able to attend any election night parties Undecided Next best thing. Funnily enough both the boys are looking forward to coming with me to vote tomorrow, but that might be because we're going to the zoo afterwards.
My state will continue on and do well regardless of what president get's elected.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(November 5, 2012 at 10:23 am)Brian37 Wrote: WHY HASN'T THIS STORY GOTTEN MORE PRESS?

From what I can see, nothing illegal is even alleged. They're claiming the company was structured to legally pay as little in taxes as possible. That's how every company operates. That's why George Lucas sold his Star Wars empire this year instead of next - to legally avoid paying more in taxes.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
Quote:They're claiming the company was structured to legally pay as little in taxes as possible.

Yes...and the way that is done is to have lobbyists bribe congressmen to make such laws.

That is why the libertarian mantra is such a load of fucking shit. "Free Market" my ass. The whole thing is rigged. Only government can control rich bastards and with them allowed to buy everything they want the rest of us are fucked.

Time to fire up the guillotine.
(November 5, 2012 at 3:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:They're claiming the company was structured to legally pay as little in taxes as possible.
Yes...and the way that is done is to have lobbyists bribe congressmen to make such laws.

Yeah but we deduct the cost of the lobbyists on our tax forms so no biggie.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(November 5, 2012 at 2:44 pm)Tino Wrote:
(November 5, 2012 at 10:23 am)Brian37 Wrote: WHY HASN'T THIS STORY GOTTEN MORE PRESS?

From what I can see, nothing illegal is even alleged. They're claiming the company was structured to legally pay as little in taxes as possible. That's how every company operates. That's why George Lucas sold his Star Wars empire this year instead of next - to legally avoid paying more in taxes.

You fell for the bait. Legal and moral are TWO different things. When you have big money writing the laws DUH. But our Constitution does not intitle one class of people to write the laws for all of us.

Women were at one point legally denied the right to vote. Blacks were legally forced to use seperate bathrooms. If idiots like Romney were the majority business owners of the WW2 and the aftermath boom of the middle class, BECAUSE of investment, IF idiot like Romney ran the country back then, we'd be speaking german right now.

It is fucking nuts to claim to be moral when you have the power to invest but don't and hord like a fucking coward because of the bullshit claim that legal means moral.

You know who else horded? Gadaffi, and under his government because he wrote the laws BECAUSE of his money and monopoly, I guess he was moral too. Gadaffi was a billionaire and owned stock in GE.

It isn't about getting rid of the free market. It is about abuse of power. Romney feeds the extraction market attitude. He is the idiot farmer who over tills the field and then blames the pickers for his lack of care.

FUCK THAT ASSHOLE! He is a lying sack of shit. He makes Nixon look innocent.

OBAMA SUPPORTERS DO NOT REST, YOU STILL HAVE TONIGHT TO GET ON SWING STATE MEDIA MESSAGE BOARDS, DO NOT LET ROMNEY WIN.

COLUMBUS OHIO MEDIA, ORLANDO AND MIAMI FLA MEDIA, WISCONSIN MEDIA , CHARLOTE NC RALEIGH NC AND ANY BIG SWING STATE

Remind them that Romney lied about Jeep, remind them that Romeny has 17 Bush advisors on his team.

Ryan also supported a bill to ban abortion even in casex of rape and incest. Women should fear a Romney presidencey. That asshole couldnt even support Obama's equal pay act.
I would vote if I was in America, but I am a UK citizen. I am worried what impact it will have in Europe if Senator 'magic underwear' wins.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(November 5, 2012 at 6:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You fell for the bait. Legal and moral are TWO different things.
You are correct, yet who are you to say Romney is less moral than Obama? Obama has had American citizens assassinated without trial, launched drones to spy on American citizens, and continued the warrant-less wiretapping of countless numbers of people.

Don't pretend Obama is somehow moral and Romney is not.
(November 5, 2012 at 7:09 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(November 5, 2012 at 6:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You fell for the bait. Legal and moral are TWO different things.
You are correct, yet who are you to say Romney is less moral than Obama? Obama has had American citizens assassinated without trial, launched drones to spy on American citizens, and continued the warrant-less wiretapping of countless numbers of people.

Don't pretend Obama is somehow moral and Romney is not.

Tiberious, exactly how would this be any different than a soilder in WW2 killing a Nazi colaborator?

This cannot be handled like a SWAT team trying to prevent a hostage taker from killing hostages. Sometimes we can and do catch them without killing them. And we certainly do that here when they are on our soil where law inforcement has much more control. We cannot control their movements overseas or surround them like a SWAT TEAM.

If you have a better suggestion I'm all ears. But to suggest that every situation can or should be treated the same is absurd. ESPECALLY when dealing with people in countries we have no control over who want to kill us in the west.

I look at it as the risk you take when you collaborate with the enemy. On our soil we have much more control in catching them. In the west we work together in sting opporations so it doesn't get to that point. But if they are in the enemies country the only things we can rely on are intel and sometimes that intell does not allow for a clean capture.

In a pefect world you'd be right, but we do not live in a perfect world. When we can capture someone without killing them we should. When they are on western soil we have much more of an oportunity to do that and we do.

I do think that due process is the norm and most certainly it should spread as a civil right in all countries. But the contries we are fighting don't allow us to extract them all the time the way you want.

Now compaired to BUSH who bludguned the east, Obama would love to default to what you say, and compaired to the damage Bush did Obama is taking the lesser damage route.

FYI even on D-DAY our soldiers SHOT unarmed Germans trying to flee with no guns, shot them in the back. I know this because it was part of a memoral in which a soldier told his own story. He hated doing it and did not want to do it. I do not think Obama takes any decision he makes lightly nor would he kill if he knew absolutely he could take them alive.

Now again, if you have better suggestions I am all ears.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5909 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 829 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 798 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Warren's Wealth Tax Yonadav 5 912 January 25, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  US - raise the gas tax onlinebiker 55 3200 November 30, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Unbelievable! Paul Ryan praises $1.50/week tax cut! Jehanne 14 2565 February 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut Neo-Scholastic 64 5220 February 4, 2018 at 12:13 am
  How Bad Is The Senate Tax Bill? Minimalist 41 6174 December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The GOP's turd of a tax bill Jackalope 34 4087 November 14, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1301 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am