Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Interesting Definition
An Interesting Definition
My Aunt has done it again, folks! This might be the dumbest thing she's posted on facebook yet!

[Image: KpxlY.png]

I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I had to share this with my AF friends. I needed a laugh today, and this helped me, so I am passing it on to you guys.

In case you're interested, here's the link she posted:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christ...ies-70094/

RE: An Interesting Definition
With supporters like that, religion doesn't need us. Sure she's not some kind of fifth columnist, bringing the institution down from the inside?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:The popularity of a college student group primarily focused on defending their faith in Jesus on university campuses throughout the U.S. and world has increased dramatically in the last year.

So..."Lots of people want to learn about Jesus...therefore, Jesus" ?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Actually I think that's a very fair definition of apologetics.
So students at a university are going to be addressing the intellectual obstacles that keep people from taking faith seriously?

That is truly hilarious.

ROFLOL

In other words, their goal is to try to dumb people down enough to become believers I guess.

Christian - A moron who believes that an all-benevolent God can simultaneously be a hateful jealous male-chauvinistic pig.
Wiccan - The epitome of cerebral evolution having mastered the magical powers of the universe and is in eternal harmony with the mind of God.
Atheist - An ill-defined term that means something different to everyone who uses it.
~~~~~
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Clearly Jesus (a fictitious character or otherwise) will forgive people if they merely know not what they do
For the Bible Tells us so!
I agree with the definition too. A way of bypassing someone's intelligence so they'll believe things they would otherwise think were preposterous. In other words, charlatanism.

Then I don't think you do agree with the definition. That isn't what she said, nor is it what apologetics is about.
Yes, get rid of those intellectual obstacles! Shut your brain off so you can believe and be saved!

My wife even told me that I think about things too much, insinuating that I should stop analyzing things for truth and just believe in stuff.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxck4zts1FA

Jesus is coming back in a big way...just like heroin
(February 24, 2012 at 4:15 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I agree with the definition too. A way of bypassing someone's intelligence so they'll believe things they would otherwise think were preposterous. In other words, charlatanism.

Love the avatar. Just says: 'i'm a nice girl, now fuck me, bitch!'

I approve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A interesting question dyresand 26 8939 June 23, 2017 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Interesting survey of Evangelical beliefs in USA Bunburryist 33 5626 October 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5123 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Video Very interesting Steve Shives episode robvalue 2 1312 July 19, 2015 at 10:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  something interesting to read dyresand 22 6141 November 17, 2014 at 9:46 am
Last Post: dyresand
  interesting statistics diego 14 3720 August 4, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: diego
  Prophesies - Very Interesting Revelation777 56 10537 July 31, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Interesting Essay on Marcion Minimalist 0 1218 January 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interesting piece on Confidence... ronedee 10 2957 December 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  An Interesting Retropsective of Xtian Fuckups Minimalist 2 1796 November 9, 2013 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist