Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A interesting question
A interesting question
Is god a guy or girl maybe a it? 
Because the bible doesn't assign god a gender i hear god is a guy a lot but there is no conclusive proof in the book(s).
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: A interesting question
God of monotheism is given the gender of male due to patriarchal tendencies within the culture.

If you look at polytheistic cultures, both men and women were respected equally within the culture.

Only the monotheistic culture placed sole importance on the male while making the woman irrelevant.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Not sure if god is a female.
What we do know is that although he doesn't have one, he actually is one.

It could explain his mysterious ways. Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Dogma says female. I like that movie, so it must be true.

[Image: tumblr_o0jlbhxKTU1v21ijgo6_r1_500.jpg]
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(June 16, 2017 at 3:51 am)Jesster Wrote: Dogma says female. I like that movie, so it must be true.

I don't believe you! Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 16, 2017 at 4:20 am)ignoramus Wrote:
(June 16, 2017 at 3:51 am)Jesster Wrote: Dogma says female. I like that movie, so it must be true.

I don't believe you!   Big Grin

I never said it was one of my all-time favorites. I just happen to like it enough to get a few chuckles out of it. It's really not that hard to believe that I enjoyed it.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
God is a proud member of the LGBT community. Deal with that one, Christians.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 15, 2017 at 11:07 pm)dyresand Wrote: Is god a guy or girl maybe a it? 
Because the bible doesn't assign god a gender i hear god is a guy a lot but there is no conclusive proof in the book(s).

If he were real, one would surmise that god would be a male. This is true if you look at the very first chapter on Genesis, where it clearly states god is a "He".

Also, the word "he" is capitalized whenever it is used for god. 

But since there is no scientific proof that god even exists, I guess we will never know.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(June 15, 2017 at 11:09 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: God of monotheism is given the gender of male due to patriarchal tendencies within the culture.

If you look at polytheistic cultures, both men and women were respected equally within the culture.

Only the monotheistic culture placed sole importance on the male while making the woman irrelevant.

In fairness to monotheism, that's not even remotely true.  For the most part, pagan egalitarianism is a new age myth.  While there was a definite and very real sacred feminine in many polytheistic cultures, that deference did not extend to mundane, flesh and blood females.  They worshiped a goddess, not women.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Bible God is indeed described as one giant asshole without any genders.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting survey of Evangelical beliefs in USA Bunburryist 33 5598 October 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Video Very interesting Steve Shives episode robvalue 2 1310 July 19, 2015 at 10:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  something interesting to read dyresand 22 6134 November 17, 2014 at 9:46 am
Last Post: dyresand
  interesting statistics diego 14 3719 August 4, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: diego
  Prophesies - Very Interesting Revelation777 56 10519 July 31, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Interesting Essay on Marcion Minimalist 0 1218 January 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interesting piece on Confidence... ronedee 10 2948 December 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  An Interesting Retropsective of Xtian Fuckups Minimalist 2 1793 November 9, 2013 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Here is a interesting thought Drich 75 30145 August 3, 2013 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Michael Schubert
  An Interesting Definition Erinome 11 4171 February 24, 2012 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman