Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very interesting Steve Shives episode
Video 
Very interesting Steve Shives episode
I just watched a brilliant Steve Shives episode. It's halfway through one of his book reviews, but anyone familiar with the subject can pick it up. He's reading a book by some insane Calvanist called Van Til. His analysis here is absolutely spot on and cuts to the very core of religion. Check it out, even if you don't watch the rest of the series, this is a gem.

Any christians interested in whether or not their religion makes any sense should watch it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfasvqyMQhM
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Very interesting Steve Shives episode
I like Steve's "An Atheist Reads" series. I usually listen to him while doing something else, though, so everything he says doesn't always stick in my head. Basically this series is about how calvinism is the One True Faith.

Also it's funny when someone claims that the denial of something's existence is proof of its existence. That would imple that all gods are real. Not to mention all manner of supernatural things that people have ever thought existed.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Very interesting Steve Shives episode
Yeah he is the man. I was doing the washing up Big Grin He is really on my wavelength, what he says seems to reflect what I would say pretty much entirely on these matters.

I definitely want to be him when I grow up.

I can't believe the absolute complete pile of nonsense that Van Driver Til comes up with. It's all just one big special pleading argument dragged out over the whole book. Well, so far anyway Big Grin
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VERY Basic Doctrines of Calvinism johndoe122931 18 2371 June 7, 2021 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Spiritual realm is very likely real (demonic possession)? Flavius007 23 1869 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  A interesting question dyresand 26 8932 June 23, 2017 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Interesting survey of Evangelical beliefs in USA Bunburryist 33 5598 October 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to prove Christianity is right without trying very hard Dystopia 6 3716 July 15, 2015 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  How to Prove Your Own Position without Trying Very Hard Randy Carson 59 11684 July 14, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Fish must be very holy Boris Karloff 99 24140 March 25, 2015 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  something interesting to read dyresand 22 6134 November 17, 2014 at 9:46 am
Last Post: dyresand
  interesting statistics diego 14 3719 August 4, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: diego
  Prophesies - Very Interesting Revelation777 56 10519 July 31, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: LostLocke