Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinterest and Other Holes of Insanity
Pinterest and Other Holes of Insanity
I love Pinterest. I get lots of ideas - recipes, research, artsy shit, gardening wants, and "mood" boards are the best way ever for me to organize my thoughts and inspiration. I spend a lot of time sifting through crap to find things I like and have come up with some real gems.

On the other hand though, I'm still sifting through crap, and sometimes that means Jesus's diarrhea.

I still can't figure this one out.
[Image: tumblr_lovg3z4H4V1qe52v7o1_500.jpg]

But I did ask the question and never got an answer.
[Image: jesus.jpg]

However, a perusal of the original site showed that at least more important questions were also being explored.
[Image: tumblr_lpujle9v9g1qahj27o1_500.png]

Must be nice to have something sparkly out of your reach.
[Image: 252272016596449018_ztC2z6cZ_c.jpg]

God sounds like a stalker teenager on Facebook.
[Image: 201043570835108756_ZCZz3MrX_c.jpg]

The last time anyone said this to me, we were in bed and my wrists were being secured to the headboard with silk. I want that kind of religion.
[Image: 191825265347855643_bT0JaodR_c.jpg]

In his defense, Jesus...you walk slow. Twitter gets shit done faster.
[Image: 191825265347869933_LZpE1TIg_f.jpg]

Feel free to fill this thread with postings from other areas of the nets where you find religious poo.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Pinterest and Other Holes of Insanity
Saw this on a t-shirt and thought it was pretty appalling.
[Image: 6a00e551ef63008834010536ef2206970c-800wi]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The "can you please talk to me" bit is more than just a little bit creepy...

"I literally wan't you to follow me" -yeah...I bet he does, into the abandoned landscaping shed behind that treeline....

Who writes this shit?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Bahahaha, I forgot I had capped this:

[Image: Untitled.jpg]
Summer;

I'm impressed: I've never been able spell diar--erm dior,umm deira------You almost got it right.Tiger

As a medic, I was always getting into trouble for writing "the shits or the squirts" in the treatment book.*

Of course we were not allowed to cheat and use American spelling. The correct spelling has an 'o' in it somewhere Thinking

*treatment: opium et chalk,or a large cork and some duct tape.
Finally an answer back on that first picture (though not from the poster):

"I'm guessing this means that it's much easier to not question life and the great wonders around us and to come up short with science (as it doesn't profess to have all the answers, just that it has the facts for what it knows). People want everything to be told to them, and have all those answers, even if it means ignorance, because it's easier than to be left wanting as science leaves us. So perhaps in a round about way, rather than faith, the deeper meaning is that it takes more courage to not believe than to believe, since resigning your faculties is easier and less courageous than utilizing them. That's my take on it."
(February 29, 2012 at 12:17 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Finally an answer back on that first picture (though not from the poster):

"I'm guessing this means that it's much easier to not question life and the great wonders around us and to come up short with science (as it doesn't profess to have all the answers, just that it has the facts for what it knows). People want everything to be told to them, and have all those answers, even if it means ignorance, because it's easier than to be left wanting as science leaves us. So perhaps in a round about way, rather than faith, the deeper meaning is that it takes more courage to not believe than to believe, since resigning your faculties is easier and less courageous than utilizing them. That's my take on it."

I'd vote for that interpretation Thumb up Sounds pretty accurate to me
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Global Secular Humanist Movement posted this on Facebook and I got a sudden vision of Bruce Willis walking theatrically slow away from a pile of bibles that looked suspiciously wet, and tossing a match over his shoulder, saying "yippie-ki-yay..."

[Image: 65588_395896733769093_153786011313501_14...4508_n.jpg]
[Image: atheism.jpg]
God did it makes far more sense..
Theism:

The belief that there was nothing, and nothing happened to nothing, and then nothing magically exploded [into a god] for no reason, [who] created everything and then magically rearranged itself for no reason whatsoever into [innumerable faiths]...[and] dinosaurs [never existed].

Makes perfect sense.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas insanity Fake Messiah 248 12814 December 27, 2023 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Yule, Christmas & other holidays Fake Messiah 110 7552 December 26, 2022 at 12:42 am
  Having fun at other people's expense. onlinebiker 21 1212 June 11, 2021 at 1:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pre-owned cars - and other verbal gymnastics. onlinebiker 8 808 December 29, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Some other people get vindicated after being smeared by media Fake Messiah 0 400 January 25, 2019 at 8:32 am
Wink Stereotype other countries ignoramus 41 3409 May 24, 2018 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Dumbest thing your other half has said? ignoramus 6 1017 February 3, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  How Christians See Each Other Neo-Scholastic 5 836 September 19, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Theme Songs For Yourself or Other AF Members The Valkyrie 53 10133 September 11, 2016 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  pidgeon holes! ignoramus 12 1709 May 18, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Iroscato