Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this art?
Is this art?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugS6TQYUb2Q

Art?
RE: Is this art?
(March 5, 2012 at 12:33 pm)LastPoet Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugS6TQYUb2Q

Art?

I don't know if "art" would be the word I would choose, but then again I don't know what word I would choose. Despite the fact that it seems to be perverse making a kitty-handbag, I don't see how this is much different to families who stuff there pets after they die to keep the memory of them alive. I may not totally agree with it, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Personally I don't think I could kill my own animal, but if the cat was suffering... I guess it's justified to a degree... But art? I'm dubious...
Yes, it's art. Art of entrails and carcass is the best kind.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yes it is art, and I was one of those "half of the country" that didn't get in an uproar about it.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I am not offended by it at all, and that's strange, because I thought I was going to be within the first few seconds. I think art is subjective, and I wouldn't call this "art"... but I don't know what else I would call it.

Art? No. But I will say that this lady takes 're-use, repurpose, recycyle' very seriously.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I really don't understand art, what has she made, no man ever dreamed of? A purse? Made of animal skin? How original. And she had to skin a cat for that....

She will making alot of money with her hate book though Tongue
Yup, and it's the best kind of art, it actually made me think and reflect.
Not really art, but not something I'd want my wife to do. I think it'd be a bit creepy keeping a dead house pet as a purse. Nor do I think it's a good idea to stuff dead pets and keep them on display. But if that's what she wants to do, I don't care.

Now if Rick Santorum's wife had made a purse out of their dead baby, that would be too creepy.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art in the Home FrustratedFool 17 1223 October 25, 2023 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  "Impossible" Art LinuxGal 12 1195 September 9, 2023 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is art deranged? MarcusA 29 2002 September 3, 2023 at 7:34 am
  What is Art? MarcusA 15 998 September 3, 2023 at 2:17 am
Last Post: MarcusA
  Art in decadence? Macoleco 53 5459 December 4, 2022 at 5:43 pm
  Of neon and art deco...... Brian37 7 518 September 2, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  April fool. This is indeed a work of art. Succubus#2 1 347 April 1, 2020 at 6:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  'demonic' art project at school Fake Messiah 1 493 October 23, 2019 at 12:16 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Censored Art Photos Foxaèr 5 560 April 27, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Your Thoughts On Art Alan V 86 6177 April 16, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir