Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 mins with Richard Dawkins.
5 mins with Richard Dawkins.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8049711.stm

A interview under the clock, literally. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: 5 mins with Richard Dawkins.
Strange form of interview, typically british. But good anyway!
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Good interview. I woulda liked him to do 1 more paragraph rather than being cut off at the end though lol. Odd interview.

I woulda liked a longer one of course - but a DIFFERENT one is more important really cos I've already seen quite a few interviews with him...

I want to get more of his books and am looking forward to his new one.

I think I want unweaving the rainbow next but I've still gotta finish Watchmaker and I also want to read Selfish Gene still - I've still got that to read to.

EvF
(May 16, 2009 at 4:51 am)leo-rcc Wrote: A interview under the clock, literally. Smile

Enjoyed that ... thanks Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
It was interestingly quirky. I just wanted to hear Dawkins 'finish up' a bit more, perhaps finish with a paragraph or if only just another sentence or two - it did seem kind of cut-off abruptly (although I do understand that that was the nature of the style of the interview).

I enjoyed it though. Cool interview in a weird quirky kind of way.

EvF
(May 17, 2009 at 10:01 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: It was interestingly quirky. I just wanted to hear Dawkins 'finish up' a bit more, perhaps finish with a paragraph or if only just another sentence or two.

That's not how the format of the interviews work (there are more interviews with other people as well).
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Yeah I know. I just wonder why the format IS like that. It's interesting - but I think I'd perhaps rather him finish up - it would have only took a second.

Five minutes, sure. To the very second? - Hmm...interesting - but I think if it only takes a second it would be better to let the interviewee finish what they were saying I would think...

I wonder why they DO do it like that? Why does it have to be to the very second? It's interesting, but is it really better then letting them finish and only taking a tiny bit longer?

Is it all just basically for the humour and fun of it, for a light interview? Or is there actually more to a point to it than that?

EvF
I agree EvF they didn't need to cut him of at the end like that.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
(May 22, 2009 at 8:52 am)Giff Wrote: I agree EvF they didn't need to cut him of at the end like that.

I disagree ... the point was it was a 5 minute interview. I think when you say he should have been allowed to finish you should be careful not to let your personal bias colour your feelings.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Lol.

I just mean that I think although interestingly quirky the style of the interview wasn't very good IMO.

Any other interview I see - even if it's 5 minutes long, even SHORT interviews - it doesn't stop at the EXACT second so the interviewee doesn't even get to finish his/her last sentence.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins & Nightwish iameatingjam 3 1745 February 5, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: shadow
  New Nightwish Album on Darwin, with Dawkins as narrator Alex K 12 2951 April 5, 2015 at 11:16 am
Last Post: DiRNiS
  Christian Love Letters to Richard Dawkins Creed of Heresy 14 2312 February 11, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: polar bear
Video 'Love letters' to Richard Dawkins Cyberman 28 4352 January 22, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Dawkins reads hate mail on youtube. Brian37 6 2348 November 3, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Owlix
  Richard Dawkins - Science, It Works, Bitches!! (video) Woody68 2 1415 April 8, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Dawkins: Sex, Death And The Meaning Of Life Justtristo 4 2256 January 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Dawkins and Degrasse Tyson - Poetry of Science thesummerqueen 2 1750 November 6, 2012 at 1:16 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Dawkins apparently PWND Napoléon 6 2753 May 9, 2012 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Richard Dawkins: I can't be sure God does not exist Forsaken 91 35639 April 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger