Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since this section of the forum includes the topic of history
Since this section of the forum includes the topic of history
I thought to myself, while reading the memoirs of the famous corsair Barbarossa, I'll translate these into English for the reading pleasure of you guys.

However, I'd like you to tell me if you're interested or not, since I do not want to waste time translating a lot of text for nothing.
If you're interested, I'll open up a new thread to translate the first part of Barbarossa's memoirs.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: Since this section of the forum includes the topic of history
Thread it up.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Probably easier if you link to a Google Document of the translation.
(March 11, 2012 at 11:46 am)Tiberius Wrote: Probably easier if you link to a Google Document of the translation.

There are no translations of the document in english, at least none that can be found on google.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 11, 2012 at 11:34 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I thought to myself, while reading the memoirs of the famous corsair Barbarossa, I'll translate these into English for the reading pleasure of you guys.

However, I'd like you to tell me if you're interested or not, since I do not want to waste time translating a lot of text for nothing.
If you're interested, I'll open up a new thread to translate the first part of Barbarossa's memoirs.

Yes I'm interested,thank you.

Mehmet; you might like to visit "Historum History Forums". Pretty sure there are lot of people there who would be very interested.

http://www.historum.com/
(March 11, 2012 at 11:52 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(March 11, 2012 at 11:46 am)Tiberius Wrote: Probably easier if you link to a Google Document of the translation.

There are no translations of the document in english, at least none that can be found on google.

I meant write your translation in a Google Doc and then link to it.
(March 11, 2012 at 11:13 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I meant write your translation in a Google Doc and then link to it.

Just write it in your favorite wordprocessor. Add charts, maps, and other images. When you've got a chapter ready, 'print'/export it as PDF, and stick that PDF into a cloud of your choice (Minus gives you 11GB free storage space). Then copy the public link and post that link here.
Then whoever is interested can download it at their convenience – like so – from your cloud.
Ahhh...Okay. Now I got it.
I'll be back when it's done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1163 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Kamala Harris makes history Foxaèr 5 501 August 21, 2020 at 10:31 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  US stock markets worst loss since 2008 downbeatplumb 6 643 November 3, 2018 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Brian37
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1241 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The biggest crime in the history of humanity WinterHold 16 2744 September 22, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  History and some of the atrocities associated with it ErGingerbreadMandude 0 408 September 14, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  America drops "largest non-nuclear bomb in history" on Afganistan Aroura 77 12077 April 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  NI election turnout highest since Good Friday Agreement account_inactive 1 662 March 4, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  History of the electoral college READ.... Brian37 20 2216 November 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  No wonder students don't know history... Minimalist 21 5553 July 5, 2014 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist